Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With only 1750 miles on this new (my second 09) A5 s-line the wheel bearings need to be replaced ! Has anyone else had this problem yet? It sounds like a fan running at high speeds while driving .

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
So the service department at your dealership has confirmed they need to be replaced?

Which ones in particular? At all four corners?

Just curious... do/did you have spacers installed?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No spacers

Hey TX,

The left/right front needs to be replaced and I haven't done any spacers or wheels just yet which is crazy been surrounded by three piece wheels at home and in my shop. I've really toyed with the idea of never owning another Audi but after following my wife to the dealer there is not another car on the road that's sexier! I'll keep you guys posted on whether the issue continues, the parts have to be ordered.

·
Registered
383 Posts
VW/Audi Bearings

Sorry to hear that you have this problem.

It seems like this could be VW/Audi bearing supplier quality issue again.

A few of us have defective clutch release bearings.

I had 3 wheel bearings fail on a new Passat a few years ago, all in under 15,000 miles from new - all premature failures due to defective bearings at the manufacturing stage, so I feel for you.

The good news is that the bearing is sized with plenty of load margin, so once you get them replaced they should be good for a 100+k miles.

Just make sure that your dealer has the correct tool to press in the new bearings, since it is a new model and some shady dealers do not buy all the correct tools for each model.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"yeah"

Yeah, outsourcing in manufacturing has been the issue with most german cars over the past ten years but it's cost cutting for them and saves the consumer a ton of money. I'm a bimmer guy and have always liked Audi designs and this car is by far the best thing on the road. You guys make sure the dealer doesn't degrease your wheels with the wash after service! We had snow this week and they spayed some cleaner and ruined the finish on my wheels, waiting on GM at dealer too get back to me. I think a S5 will be in the mix if I sell our C63.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.