Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all ! 2008 s5.. I've just had a wheel bearing replaced,picked the car up and it's developed a problem that wasn't there before? It has similar characteristics to a slipping clutch! The revs go up before the power cuts in but is OK throughout the rest of the rev range?there's also a judder during this initial 'slip' .. now, could something else mimic these symptoms ie something to do with the install of the bearing? It's close to feeling like kick down on a auto but my car is manual!! Any thoughts would be appreciated 🤔✌

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Mate, you must simply return to where the car was serviced and ask them not us!!!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mate, you must simply return to where the car was serviced and ask them not us!!!!!
Sorry but I thought the whole point of a forum is to share experiences 😕I did ask the mechanic and he drove it and said it's 'probably 'the clutch but would need further investigation! My experience with this site is the member's are a bit more tec savvy than the Facebook lot but I was obviously wrong😠

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Hehe. Agreed. But this one is clearly the responsibility of the place that did the work perhaps....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts