Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am preparing to upgrade my 2017 Cab wheels from the stock 18" 10 spoke and wanted to seek some advice.

I purchased a set of Audi 19" 5 arm hollow spoke wheels a few years ago and am finally ready to fit them. I just picked up a set of Pirelli P-Zero Nero GT Max performance summer tires. The original tires look to be an overall diameter of 25.7" and the new ones are 25.9 so I wouldn't expect any issues with that. From reading up on other posts here it sounds like the TPMS sensors are part of the hub so nothing need there either.

Are there any MMI settings that would need upgraded or enabled with the wheel/tire change?
Would it be required/recommended to get an alignment after swapping the wheels/tires?

Thanks for any input, I'll post a photo when I get them fitted.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I can reset my TPMS settings via "car" "settings". The car has to have been run for so long to allow heat / expansion of air in tyre to take affect. You then have to stop the car as it only allows a reset with the car stationary. I believe its done this way to allow for topping up tyre pressures / hot / cold weather driving conditions. Then again I've got a 2018 model so there may be a slight difference. I wouldn't have thought the tolerances you have mentioned would prevent the system working. I'd get alignment checked purely for piece of mind.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I went from stock 17” on an A5 B8 2008. To 19” Rotors with 255 35 19 F1s and run 20MM spacers, had no issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts