Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think something must have changed, I've not seen spam on this forum before, now for a few days, new people have joined and stupidly dumped heaps on there, so hard to read through all the crap..

I run some car forums in Australia, but I check each IP address of everybody wanting to join, then run them through Instant IP Address Lookup to see if they are on the spam lists (as well as run anti-spam lists on the forum).

Hopefully the owners of this forum haven't just opened up the memberships to anybody in this shocking climate and we get riddled with spam... (which is very hard to reverse)..

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Well said mate here here, it has reached stupid proportions.....

Reactions: ApoK

·
Registered
146 Posts
As posted on another thread, with the forum software all it takes is 2/3 clicks and it clears out all the spam and bans the user account and ip addresses. Simple. It just needs an admin/mod to actually check in every now and then.

Spam is tedious and spools an otherwise great forum. Must say I'm bored with it now

·
Registered
146 Posts
Doubt it. If you ignore the poster all their spam goes away, but we should not need to do that.

I'm just glad I don't pay or subscribe here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts