Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok we have all these threads going on about whats great about these cars but do we have any flaws??? groans please.....

the flaws on my car are as follows:-

1- clutch pedal sqeaks
2- speaker on the top of my door (was given the name of this but if he is reading goldfish alert :eek: ive forgotten the name of it...) doesnt work.

thats all mine....

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
1 - one of the LEDs stopped working (replacement headlamp required)
2 - No cargo net supplied (on back order)
3 - no spare key supplied (had to be ordered)
4 - Alarm going off for no reason (replacement part needed)
5 - Advanced key stopped working on driver/passenger doors (but ok with boot and start button. Sensors replaced)
6 - SatNav hasnt been able to fix direction a couple of times. It has location and updates as you move but it doesnt seem to know what direction you are pointing and the screen spins round in circles. Only happened twice.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi ya, no1 i was down in your neck of the woods yesterday and never spotted your car :( no2 interesting quite a few wee faults developing is everything ok now??

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
All tickedy-boo here...

...Exept perhaps that I have the same problem as another member who mentioned that under full-bore acceleration, there's a strange noise coming from the passenger seat. But it only happens when his wife is in the car... it's asort of wimpering sound.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hehehe i know that sound :eek: usually when anyone sits there..... hehehe :D

·
Registered
157 Posts
Low idle speed (500-600rpm)
wind noise from drivers side -fixed by adjustment
keyless system malfunction-waiting for garage to find faulty sensor
drivers side door handle not returning properly
broken "guard" piece of plastic on rear of driver's side runner
creak from rear parcel shelf
baggy leather on seats

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i get a creak from my back window when the window is really frosty and its cold..... sounds like its about to crack!!!

·
Registered
677 Posts
I get the creaks from all my windows when it is frozen up with ice. Otherwise (like today) they are quiet.

I had the truck driver break my door on the key slot in the dash. Otherwise a solid car with zero problems.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so the window thing is standard then.... i keep thinking my windows are about to smash :(

·
Registered
231 Posts
the window creak on the back window is most likely from the 3rd brake lamp. mine was recently replaced under warranty

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Vin so should maybe speak to my dealership about this or should i not worry???

·
Registered
254 Posts
High idle speed (nearly 1000 rpm) dealer had it for 7 days,they changed loads of parts,had them demented!! finally cured by a new ecu software/ download/upgrade. Car now runs much better,easily averaging 47mpg,saw 62mpg:D on a short run,mostly downhill.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Creaky windows?

How am I supposed to know what thread this is? Or even know what a thread is?

Day 17 of affair with a silver beauty: Creaky windows? Seems to be universal across the pond. Ice and cold? We don't need no ice and cold here in Arizona. No problem there, Chaps. I did have a problem for a few days when the right side mirror got stuck in the "Look at your back tire, isn't it cute?" position. But, after playing with the side view mirror control, it became well again.

I also was concerned with the sudden rising of RPMs when Tiptronic shifts from first to second. (OK, Tiptronic should get me my Man Card taken away, but here in the land of fruits and nuts, too many of them drive cars and clog our roads.) Either I have learned to feather the accelerator when starting or the Audi Angel came and fixed it.

Problem #3--The brakes were difficult to modulate to stop smoothly and thereby giving passengers whiplash. All of a sudden, yours truly is becoming very acustom to this blessed machine or that Angel appeared again.

What do I have to bitch about? Well Germany could have given us a diesel or I could have gotten an S5, but you know, with gas (petrol) prices being what they are, I am too cheap.

Oh, yeah, Jenbutmad--I figured out your license number, but what's with the but, as in Jenbutmad?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
its the first three letters of each name jennifer butler-madden.

·
Registered
120 Posts
There seems to be a lot of complaints on the forum about the sagging leather seats....Jeez, I thought audi interiors were supposed to be top-notch.

Also, what on earth is "perlnappa" leather as listed on AudiUSA's website?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thanks, Jen, it's nice to have people to lean on, much like all the Audifiles on this website.

·
Registered
269 Posts
its the first three letters of each name jennifer butler-madden.
Jen,
I just noticed your second name was Madden are you by any chance related to Tommy Madden ? Elgin Football Manager? He's a joiner !

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hehehe not my last name is Butler-Madden related to actor Chris Chittel lol.... thats my only claim to fam :D

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
who Chris Chittel ???

Its Eric Pollard.....just Googled him...

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yep thats the one lol.... he is my uncle

1 - 20 of 32 Posts