Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Just curious about the costs that everyone paid for their A5/S5s after 'negotiations"?
What options were included?

And does anyone know the Wholesale Invoice Price, or the Dealers Invoice Price? Not to be confused with the MSRP.

Feel free to Private Message me if you prefer.

Cheers!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I paid MSRP on a A5 S-line. There just aren't enough around to get a great deal. They don't have to. I'm waiting on an S5 so if anyone in Tx can wait 6 months or so they can have my A5 S-line. I won't even have 5000 miles on it by then. I drive my FX as a daily driver.

Audi should change the motto to "Audi, we do it on all fours" :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HAHA! Nice templarklimek... Maybe you should throw in "...with passion" at the end!

That seems to be the consencus that I am getting from individuals I have spoken to around here as far as the prices that people have paid. I am also waiting for a good price on a used one to come up on autotrader, but like many, may just bite the bullet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Despite the huge price difference, jacked up options, zero discounts, and take it or leave attitude, just found today that even if you were to order an A5 today, you won't be getting the car till November....for an 08 model. I was like what's the point, might as well wait for the 09 model. Hopefully by then, Audi Canada will smarten up and realize that the US situation will not be getting better anytime soon and do another MSRP reduction.

As of now, Audi Canada is really not making any effort to keep it's customers, or even attract new ones.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hey All,

Just curious about the costs that everyone paid for their A5/S5s after 'negotiations"?
What options were included?

And does anyone know the Wholesale Invoice Price, or the Dealers Invoice Price? Not to be confused with the MSRP.

Feel free to Private Message me if you prefer.

Cheers!
i just paid msrp with S5 winter mats thrown in...
pdi (795) and admin (225) was at the low end of the range...

·
Registered
39 Posts
hey lirim 318, did you put a deposit on an s5 in montreal somewhere.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This isn't really related to your question, but!
There's a very good chance there will be a jump in sales after the Toronto Auto Show. It ends on Sunday. That means more people on the list, and the later you get your car. Just something to think about :).

·
Registered
128 Posts
Despite the huge price difference, jacked up options, zero discounts, and take it or leave attitude, just found today that even if you were to order an A5 today, you won't be getting the car till November....for an 08 model. I was like what's the point, might as well wait for the 09 model. Hopefully by then, Audi Canada will smarten up and realize that the US situation will not be getting better anytime soon and do another MSRP reduction.

As of now, Audi Canada is really not making any effort to keep it's customers, or even attract new ones.
Actually Audi Canada recorded records sales in January 2008. I agree with you though.

·
Registered
483 Posts

if you really want the car... you should really call around.. since everyone is selling at or close to msrp, work with dealers with lower PDI and admin fees and see who have recently cancelled orders...

i know it can be a lot of work... but it's worth the savings and the shorter wait...

·
Registered
8 Posts
After being dissapointed from what I've heard from the local Audi dealer regarding the A5....high pricing, no multiple deposit plan, 9 months waiting period, etc....I've decided to check out another dealership in the area, and what I found out there was totally different.

Turns out the waiting period between the ordering of an A5 and the delivery is 3 months, not 9 like the other place. They also offer a multiple deposit plan that lowers the interest rate up to 1.3%, but then you have to deposit something like 9k (which you'll get back at the end of the lease). The salesman also told me that they'll be getting 13 A5s sometime next month and not all of them may be sold, so I can get it even sooner if I'm happy with the options that they have available.

So although the demand for the A5/S5 could be high, it may not be as high as what's some of the dealerships (or even Audi Canada) lead you to believe.

On a side note, they also have a fully loaded S5 on the showroom for sale (not demo). It's Ibis white with Tuscan brown interior and Vavona wood trim. It's listed at 71200$. Anyone interested who can't wait and who doesn't mind paying the Canadian premium pricing PM me and I'll give you the contact info.

A few additional info for the leasing of the S5.
-Interest rate is 7.7% for 45 months, but jumps to a whopping 11% for 48 months....insane.
-Multiple deposits will reduce that to 6.4% (for 45 months), but the deposit will be in the range of 12k+.
-Monthly payment will still be in the 1300+ range.

·
Registered
483 Posts
After being dissapointed from what I've heard from the local Audi dealer regarding the A5....high pricing, no multiple deposit plan, 9 months waiting period, etc....I've decided to check out another dealership in the area, and what I found out there was totally different.

Turns out the waiting period between the ordering of an A5 and the delivery is 3 months, not 9 like the other place. They also offer a multiple deposit plan that lowers the interest rate up to 1.3%, but then you have to deposit something like 9k (which you'll get back at the end of the lease). The salesman also told me that they'll be getting 13 A5s sometime next month and not all of them may be sold, so I can get it even sooner if I'm happy with the options that they have available.

So although the demand for the A5/S5 could be high, it may not be as high as what's some of the dealerships (or even Audi Canada) lead you to believe.

On a side note, they also have a fully loaded S5 on the showroom for sale (not demo). It's Ibis white with Tuscan brown interior and Vavona wood trim. It's listed at 71200$. Anyone interested who can't wait and who doesn't mind paying the Canadian premium pricing PM me and I'll give you the contact info.

A few additional info for the leasing of the S5.
-Interest rate is 7.7% for 45 months, but jumps to a whopping 11% for 48 months....insane.
-Multiple deposits will reduce that to 6.4% (for 45 months), but the deposit will be in the range of 12k+.
-Monthly payment will still be in the 1300+ range.
is the S5 tip or manual?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Seifufu,

Just a quick question, you mentionned that they gave you S5 winter mats. Are they really S5 or A5. I asked and they told me that S5 were not available yet.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Seifufu,

Just a quick question, you mentionned that they gave you S5 winter mats. Are they really S5 or A5. I asked and they told me that S5 were not available yet.
i specifically asked for the S5 ones and asked them to give me dealer credit if they are not yet available...

·
Registered
39 Posts
hi Lirim318, which dealer told you that they would receive 13 a5 in montreal.

·
Registered
256 Posts
As I expected, I'll be paying MSRP. The dealer said quite plainly that there is lots of demand and little supply, so they were not going to negotiate. They did reduce/eliminate some of the miscellaneous fees, so that's something. They also provided me with a loaner for the 5 weeks between selling my A4 and picking up my A5 - so I certainly give them credit for that!

·
Registered
198 Posts
What is the cost of a 2.7 TDI std trim in canadian dollars. Here in the Uk its £32,000

·
Registered
483 Posts
What is the cost of a 2.7 TDI std trim in canadian dollars. Here in the Uk its £32,000
the 2.7 TDI is not offered here in Canada... the current exchange rate of £ to CAD is 0.5 to 1... so it is about $64000 CAD if you just convert the UK price to CAD..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts