Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 S5 everything is currently stock no tunes etc looking for feedback on where I would get the most performance increase from the parts/what parts commonly fail and should be upgraded

·
Registered
144 Posts
If it were mine and not wanting to go overboard on power

1) performance air filter (drop in) K&N, BMC etc
2) cat back exhaust system (Milltek, Cobra)
3) APR stage 1+ tune

Being a 2018 (ie only 3 years old) i'm not sure there is much to fail at this early stage.

depending on KMs (miles) id be looking at making sure the servicing is up to date then again if you're under 60,000 kms there isn't much major servicing needed. Things like gearbox, differential etc are usually 5 years \ 60,000kms for Audis.

How is the car used ? daily, weekend, track ?. May be some options for brake upgrades and suspension things (poly bushes, sway bars, coilovers)

Budget in mind ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Budget is probably around 2k and it's a weekly car I have my truck that I'll drive most of the time I do want to go to track says but haven't found a good program to do it through in NY

·
Registered
144 Posts
In that case id say go for the usual stage 1 things

- Drop in filter

- Stage 1+ tune for the fuel grade you most have access to 85-100HP gain

Exhaust :( - not much to be had for under $2000, you could enquire with a tuner shop about freeing up the factory exhaust by replacing centre section with a free flow resonator, and perhaps removing some pre resonators. TBHthe stock exhaust should be fine for a stage 1 tune. 85-100HP with extra torque will certainly be noticeable. Exhaust may give you an extra 10HP but unless you you get something off the shelf like Milltek, the sound it will make is unknown (may have drone, may make no difference)..

If you've got some $$$ left over after filter and tune perhaps some nice tyres for added grip ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In that case id say go for the usual stage 1 things

- Drop in filter

- Stage 1+ tune for the fuel grade you most have access to 85-100HP gain

Exhaust :( - not much to be had for under $2000, you could enquire with a tuner shop about freeing up the factory exhaust by replacing centre section with a free flow resonator, and perhaps removing some pre resonators. TBHthe stock exhaust should be fine for a stage 1 tune. 85-100HP with extra torque will certainly be noticeable. Exhaust may give you an extra 10HP but unless you you get something off the shelf like Milltek, the sound it will make is unknown (may have drone, may make no difference)..

If you've got some $$$ left over after filter and tune perhaps some nice tyres for added grip ?
Yeah thanks for the advice

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also may be better to post in a different form but is there a way to replace the fog light brackets in the B9 I hate that it's just plastic infill and nothing there id probably want to drop in some rgb lights there if it is possible

·
Premium Member
3,695 Posts
Joker mate welcome on board!! You have an almost new car there (and post up some pics please) so really you have every option open to you. Before making any mods at all I suggest changing all filters and fluids so you have a good safe starting point. The as Heylin says mate just go step by step (and keep notes and pics) so that you can feel the difference that each mod makes, so that you can always go back one step if you dont like anything. Enjoy the journey!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.