Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know which tires are coming on the cars?

I have seen pictures showing Bridgestones on the A5's and Dunlops on the S5's. I am a Dunlop man and would prefer the SportMaxx tires.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
That looks good. However this is stated to be the S-line package with 18" wheels and tires. Earlier pictures I had seen showed Bridgestones on the 17" wheels.

I am trying to decide between the S5 and waiting even longer for the RS5 but the bigger wheels had always shown Dunlops on them. Perhaps the 17" all season option is a Bridgestone and all the performance tires are Dunlops. Time will tell.

I just

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hmmm . I have ordered 19's on my 3.0 TDI - not sure if that is sensible (for comfort) - but is sure to look nice. Not sure what the tyres will be yet ...

MArk

·
Registered
66 Posts
It'll be Dunlops or michelin, depending which batch you get. and no offence wrx, michelins are superior by far! Dunlops i think are a joke, Hard noisy ok-ish in the dry and a hazard in the wet tread life well lucky if you get 25K, SP9090s and SP MAX are the 1s you'll get and god i hope you dont. try something else in the same tire class other than dunlop, since both MAX and 9090s are in the ultra high preformance group, try Goodyear GSD3s or RE050 pole postions. you'll be kicking yourself. personally i think dunlops are so bad they shouldnt be selling them at all, pretty bad for some1 who 1st invented the rubber tyre.

·
Registered
66 Posts
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( I knew it! dunlop SPs, do every future driver a favor, if you recieve you car with dunlop SPs, complain about it, be a pain in the bum, them tyres are no good i promise you, you'll soon find out! when you next need a new set of tyres swap them for goodyear GSD3s and i promise you will fill the improvment in all aspects, life, grip, grip in wet and snow, comfort, noise. i promise you these are so bad if you push your car into a corner fast(MASS UNDERSTEER!!!) , you'll wish you had demanded some other tyre.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
No chance of GoodYear Eagle F1s then? :p

I have to admit, i'm a real goodyear Eagle F1 Fan. I've got GSD3s on my Alfa and the Supra, and they're amazing.

I've been looking around everywhere for the Brand New Eagles, the Eagle F1 Assymetrical Tyres... apparently they're amazing, and even perform better than the Bridgestone Potenzas in the wet. Can't seem to find anywhere that stocks them though!! :eek:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know the tires have marked on their sidewalls "US highway use" I do not know if you need something similar for the tires to be legal to use in the UK.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
I know the tires have marked on their sidewalls "US highway use" I do not know if you need something similar for the tires to be legal to use in the UK.
Good point. They may need to comply to a british standard, or have a "kite" mark on them. I'll have to check that out.

·
Registered
159 Posts
My A5 arrived with Dunlops and have no reason to complain (yet!).

·
Registered
487 Posts
What rims? Got any pics?

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
The 17" wheels in the dealership have got dunlops on them. Not sure what model of tyre though. I'll have a look today when i'm in.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mine are Michelin Sport Pilots 255/35 19 on Y Spoke's

1 - 20 of 38 Posts