Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am a newbi so I am sorry if this is the wrong place to be posting this..(mod please move if needs be)

I am from the UK so this questions goes out to all those out there in this end of the world.

I been looking to buy a s/h, nearly new 3.0 tdi sport auto for some time now (4months!)

I would like to buy from an Audi dealer but they all seem to come up with silly prices.

On Audi.co.uk they seem to have 40 odd tdi, sport automatics but my main dealer says that there are ONLY 8 of them and that the rest are all sold (this checked out not to be true but..)

Ok so the question is what should I pay for a 2007/2008 tdi sport auto with a few goodies (park+, nav, leather, metpaint etc) from a dealer??:confused::confused::confused:

Please let me have some ideas. Glass guide is pointing at around the £35-37k mark:cool:

M

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
hi there. Im new too and also looking to buy. Yes audi dealer is expensive. Have you tried autotrader? The prices will be cheaper and if it's only a few months old it will still come with the 3yr genuine audi warranty. Only prob is, no refunds and money back as a garuntee should things go wrong. About £29-34k.

At the dealer, about £33k-£40. Although that is a rough guide as you already seem to have found. If you just hang on a few months you will prob get it for £32k :cool: or even persuade the dealer to give it to you for that or with a great finance deal.

I was gonna buy this month. But it seems every week the deals are getting better. So hang on and you may end up paying less. I noticed today they got a 1.8tfsi with 1mile on the clock for 27k...but you would pay £29k for that...

·
Registered
479 Posts
Find the car you want and then hang on till the week before christmas. Go to the dealer, tell them you are interested and name the price you are happy to pay.

They will say no deal.

Walk away and let them think for a bit.

They will come back to you without a doubt.

The week before christmas has always been one of the best times in the calendar to buy a car and this year it will be one of the best ever with dealers chasing quarter end targets and having one of their quietest spells ever!

·
Registered
464 Posts
If its over 6 months old i would say 30K, dont forget it will be last years model in 3 weeks time so they will sell it to get rid of.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts