Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just placed an order in canada for a 2008 A5 with the S-line package but the dealer had no documentation of what rims were in the package. I have seen photos of the standard rims that come with the A5 and not terribly impressed so definitely need to make a change. The description of the S-Line options do include 'thin Y-shaped' rims but there appears to be several 'Y-shapes' in the A5/S5 parade - anyone taken delivery of a north-american A5 with the S-line package that can tell me?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Welcome Frank ... and congrats on placing your order for an S-line A5!

Just like with Canada, the A5's in the U.S. are not out yet. Even though several are scheduled to arrive at various U.S. ports in January, it's up in the air right now as to when folks will actually get their A5's delivered. It all depends upon whether Audi will stick to the March 28 "port hold" they've implemented (for whatever reason) on all A5's bound for the U.S.

A5/S5 specs vary based upon the country the cars are made for, so I wouldn't necessarily count on the Canadian spec being identical to the U.S. spec. If you read through the various posts in this forum, you'll find there are several differences between the models made for a given country. For example, all U.S. spec A5/S5's get the sunroof as standard, whereas the sunroof is an option in other countries.

If your dealer can't even confirm which wheels come with a Canadian spec S-line at this time, then I doubt anyone on here will be able to tell you with 100% certainty either. As for the 'Y-shape' wheel, it's likely to be as shown in the pics below. Also, you can check out pics of various cars with those wheels here.

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your order. I think you will get the 19 inch y spoke, never know though.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I just placed an order in canada for a 2008 A5 with the S-line package but the dealer had no documentation of what rims were in the package. I have seen photos of the standard rims that come with the A5 and not terribly impressed so definitely need to make a change. The description of the S-Line options do include 'thin Y-shaped' rims but there appears to be several 'Y-shapes' in the A5/S5 parade - anyone taken delivery of a north-american A5 with the S-line package that can tell me?
hi frank... i am from Toronto as well and I am new to the forum (i am a regular on the e90 forum)... i have been thinking about ordering a S5 for some time now (i am considering between the S5 with tiptronic and the 335xi w/ M sport package; but the M sport package is not available yet and no one knows for sure when it will be offered in US/Canada and i don't want to keep waiting). May i ask
- what dealer you ordered from
- what's the msrp on the A5 with tiptronic
- how much off the msrp did you manage to negotiate off
- what are the prices of options such as the technology package, nav, etc.
- when do they say you can expect your car to arrive?

i am also considering the A5 with s-line b/c the S5 is too thirsty (its only drawback in my mind)... i know that the S5 stick msrp is 65.9 vs. 50.5 in the US (tho the Canadian spec S5 comes with the B&O stereo - valued at $850 US on the US site).. if the price difference is too great (say >$5 or 6 K) b/t what the canadian dealers vs. what i can get using importers, i will take the import route..... thanks in advance....

·
Registered
483 Posts
The Canadian S5 also comes with the Tech pkg standard (adaptive headlights, advanced key, rear parking cam). That costs $1700 in the US. You can see the list here: http://forums.audiworld.com/canada/msgs/112913.phtml

thanks for the link and list jsc... i forgot about the tech package (trust me, i've built the car enough times on the us site it's something that i should know:) )... if i were to buy in canada, the A5 w/ s-line maybe a better bet for me b/c i don't care about the B&O audio and wouldn't want to pay for it...

when are you expecting your car? and how much does the option costs on it?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey there - I ordered mine from Queensway Audi (Islington and Queesway). I have no idea what the cost is yet as the dealer did not have pricing but assured me it would be about $10k less than the S5 which lists for $66900 in Canada. I ordered the S-line and navigaiton packages and gave the dealer a blank cheque so I really don't care what the car costs as I love it so much, I am willing to pay almost anything. I decided against the S5 because with the 350+ horsepower, I would do some serious damage for sure. I drive a 3 series BMW and was all set to buy the new 335 until I saw the A5, then I cancelled my BMW order. I have order number 3 on the books and dealer tells me not to expect the car before April 2008. The only option I did not pick was the B&O sound system as I am not that particular about the stereo.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I am expecting my A5 in mid-April. Prices for the A5 have still not been announced, so I really don't know what I'm paying. I did choose B&O as well as the tech pkg and Nav. The S5 prices are a little lower than I expected, so I'm hopeful about my A5

·
Registered
256 Posts
What colour did you order? I'm betting Black.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Looks like you've owned Brilliant Black before, JSC. Thoughts on that color? Or can I just read into your transition from BB into silver and then white? ;)
I've ordered BB and am still a bit nervous about it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
You nailed it - I don't plan to have a black car again. It definitely looks great when its clean, but that's almost never. Black showed every speck of dust, and every minor paint flaw, and it drove me crazy. To be fair, I live in a dusty environment, on a gravel road in fact, so that didn't help. It would be less serious for most people, but even a light rain shower made the car look filthy, and I've been much happier with silver. I'm sure that BB will blow you away when you pick up the car though - it's awesome when clean!

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Thanks, JSC...same caveats and conditional praise as everyone else who has owned one! I'm hoping to fare a bit better going garage to garage, and not having to drive any gravel roads ;). Avus Silver still beckons me, though! But I have silver right now and could use a change after about 10 years of that color.

·
Registered
483 Posts
hey there - I ordered mine from Queensway Audi (Islington and Queesway). I have no idea what the cost is yet as the dealer did not have pricing but assured me it would be about $10k less than the S5 which lists for $66900 in Canada. I ordered the S-line and navigaiton packages and gave the dealer a blank cheque so I really don't care what the car costs as I love it so much, I am willing to pay almost anything. I decided against the S5 because with the 350+ horsepower, I would do some serious damage for sure. I drive a 3 series BMW and was all set to buy the new 335 until I saw the A5, then I cancelled my BMW order. I have order number 3 on the books and dealer tells me not to expect the car before April 2008. The only option I did not pick was the B&O sound system as I am not that particular about the stereo.
thanks for all the info.. i am leaning toward an A5 with S-line instead of the S5 as well due to its fuel consumption.... but i am not brave enough (or i don't want it bad enough) that i would write a blank cheque to the dealer.... if the date is no earlier than Apr 2008, then i have got to wait (for this or for th 335xi with M Sport pack) regardless ..... :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts