Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

What mods are you doing in Lockdown?

Tags
lockdown
19K views 234 replies 29 participants last post by  cadguy77 
#1 ·
Seeing as we are locked away for the foreseeable future. What mods are you doing if any?
I have decided to upgrade my sub and some other bits like fixing some issues with my RSNAV

So curious to see what others are doing if anything?

#2 ·
I might go as far as cleaning and then polishing the car! If i can park outside...

Reactions: V6thomas
#3 ·
Reactions: V6thomas
#4 ·
Basic stuff here. I have removed my wheels and taken them to be refurbished, and I have bought 4 new Conti Attack 18s to fit. Then some cleaning and lubing the underside of my car, and I have fitted a new battery and and.....hehe. Keep safe everyone!!!

#7 ·
Hmmmm.....
removed the peeled lacquer on the engine cover.
Washed the car
Repainted the slam panel
Washed the car
Changed to facelift chromed switch gear
Washed the car
Deep cleaned the seats (and the whole car)
Washed the car
Waiting on a delivery of leather dye to renew the bolsters finish
Will wash the car
Waiting on a delivery of piano black interior trims
Will wash the car

and tomorrow I might wash the car

#8 ·
Do you offer a drive thru service?

[Sent from a mobile device (like you even care)]

#14 ·
No comment on the rights and wrongs of driving .....there is sufficient govt guidance on that.

But can I point out some knob has smeared underseal over the front of your car.....thought you would have noticed when you were washing it!

#18 ·
Given my wheels a tidy, removing old sticky backing from weights on the inside, fixed some slight kerb marks, machine polished, ceramic polish and then sealant on the body work.
Hoovered and cleaned behind the bulkhead and engine bay, then sprayed with EZ fusion hydraphobic sealant fo the instruction pics for fitting my strut bars.
Made a new diffuser.
Selflessly made some strut bars for others to enjoy. ;) :D Only got a few left now. If you'd like your steering a little more taught, then let me know! :D

Can't believe I've only done 30 miles in 6 weeks!! Still on the same fuel since the middle of March! Ah well, saving me money and keeping the miles down on the ol'S5 :)

Reactions: ApoK and MrFergus
#19 ·
You made that diffuser? Please elaborate!

Looks good. Might be your next enterprise [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

#20 ·
Yep, it is the std diffuser with the trim strip removed, holes filled, then the 'fins' added and re painted in metallic matt black. I need to get some other pics in better lighting!

DK tuning diffuser! ha ha, and the custom valved exhaust is made by my fine DIY hands! ;)

Reactions: MrFergus
#21 ·
Great skills and your talents know no limits [emoji144]

#31 ·
Its a 2012 but its a B8.5 SE not Sline

I found this video of how it works for my car
I have a blank button at that spot I thought you just pop the blanking plate out and add a new button and wire it etc.... not much info on wiring the one in the console I did set about researching this but never got a perfect explanation

#32 ·
Well it was my birthday not long ago so my girlfriend bought me loads of stuff for the car, definitely a keeper!

So to fit:

-Prefacelift LED taillights and code
-Aluminium transmission insert
-20MM Spacers all round (not lowered yet so shouldn't rub on the front)
-Black honeycomb fog grilles

Currently getting a new clutch and flywheel fitted, painful waiting!

#33 ·
Well it was my birthday not long ago so my girlfriend bought me loads of stuff for the car, definitely a keeper!

So to fit:

-Prefacelift LED taillights and code
-Aluminium transmission insert
-20MM Spacers all round (not lowered yet so shouldn't rub on the front)
-Black honeycomb fog grilles

Currently getting a new clutch and flywheel fitted, painful waiting!
Lol she got a sister?

Let us know how the mods are once done

#34 ·
I've been buying cleaning products over the last 2 weeks. Now I have everything the weather doesn't want to play ball. [emoji299]

Reactions: Mickjane
#37 ·
Working fron home so modified my working day from 7am-8pm to 8.30 ish- maybe 4pm.
That's coz I am only doing 3 peoples work rather than 5.

Company car is withdrawn for bik purposes so have substituted morning coffee for Gin

#41 ·
  • Just completed the cosmetic upgrade on the RS that I’ve been wanting for months...the red Nike’s have been added just for a laugh and an extra bit of colour...time on my hands

Attachments

#44 ·
I just got my wheels back painted in Smoke Grey

#52 ·
Fergus mate I am about as handy as any fellow with 10 thumbs, so the work has been done for me by pros hehehehehe....luckily I work for a little company that do this stuff, so yes I now have some pics to share of the wheels with new tyres back on the old car.......I will share very soon mate.

Reactions: MrFergus
#54 ·
Where did you buy those caps?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.