Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

121 - 140 of 171 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,568 Posts
Well, since my old S4 decided to dump all of the power steering oil on the ground recently, my faithful INDI discovered that the high pressure pipe from the pump had split and to remove it he had to remove the front driver side shock absorber plus one headlight, so deeply was the pipe buried and hidden from view!!

I purchased a replacement pipe plus some other bits he suggested, plus 3 litres of special Audi steering oil so I hope that this weekend he MAY get round to putting the poor old girl back together.......fingers crossed!!

Reactions: restricted

·
Registered
565 Posts
Finally got round to doing the airbox mod and while I was in the engine bay doing a little fettling gave the a/c pipes a little autosol treatment. View attachment 178077
I was gonna say that my engine looks like a local dump yard compared to that 😂
And that can be OCD manifesting itself so I'd suggest being careful or else you might find yourself ironing and folding the clothes neatly one day:D

Reactions: SimonRoma

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
I got some S5 breaks finally. Collecting them next weekend, From Leeds too so a good day's mission.
I want to paint them before I install, I have them RS6 black alloys on the way so I was thinking a dark blue? black and blue seem to work for me here's a nice side shot of her. Any opinions welcome gents.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I got some S5 breaks finally. Collecting them next weekend, From Leeds too so a good day's mission.
I want to paint them before I install, I have them RS6 black alloys on the way so I was thinking a dark blue? black and blue seem to work for me here's a nice side shot of her. Any opinions welcome gents.

View attachment 178085
Personally would go blue

·
Registered
194 Posts
Rear diffuser went on today. Fit is a bit off, right side sticks 1/2" further back than the left. Plus the 3 under body tabs for the screws that mount to the spare wheel well not lining up. I might see if my local bodyshop can work their magic.

Need some bigger tails, stock looks tiny

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
looks amazing. I was thinking blue too tbh but heard a few people say it would look bad lol

·
Registered
269 Posts
Getting really tempted by a splitter for the front but part of me thinks the car looks better without one.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Getting really tempted by a splitter for the front but part of me thinks the car looks better without one.
I'm in the same mind set. I think I can live without one (and the potential speed bump scrapes)

Reactions: Jeebsy

·
Registered
79 Posts
I’ve been in two minds my self and as you say speed humps round my way are like mountains lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
194 Posts
Finally got around to installing my dynamic mirror indicators.

A3/A4/A5 Dynamic Mirror Indicators

Very pleased with the result.

Surprised how dull the OEM ones are in comparison.

Reactions: MrFergus

·
Registered
194 Posts
The standard (3 jet) windscreen washer jets were annoying me, difficult to adjust and starting to clog, so got a set of A6 fan type from Brotek.

Genuine VAG heated fan Washer jets

Much better imo

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
(y) Nice little mod!

Just last week I polished the windscreen and fitted new wipers and was going to get round to adjusting the jets as they are a bit skewy and I think one is just a dribble. Why bother fannying around with a pin on 6 jets! Just watched a few YT videos, so just ordered a set!

Always great to find these little inexpensive mods! Thanks Aswad! :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
(y) Nice little mod!

Just last week I polished the windscreen and fitted new wipers and was going to get round to adjusting the jets as they are a bit skewy and I think one is just a dribble. Why bother fannying around with a pin on 6 jets! Just watched a few YT videos, so just ordered a set!

Always great to find these little inexpensive mods! Thanks Aswad! :)
YW mate.

I only stumbled on them while ordering a Merc Racing HX.

Like you I checked out a few YT vids and I was sold. Adjustment is via a T8 torx, no more 🤬ing pins.

I'm sure they can be had cheaper on the bay or via a parts stockist, but I won't lose any sleep over the difference 😊

·
Registered
194 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
What a great mod, I always thought the six spray jets were a bit pony so this is one mod I’m gonna do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Hope Brotek has plenty of stock! :D

So are you upgrading to the Merc HX!? Is this from Brotek? :)

Checked on ebay, best price was £25! But you can find some parts are overpriced on Ebay, unless it's cheap copies. Saw a 2nd hand thermostat for £50 on there when I was changing the stat on my 3.0TDI :D

121 - 140 of 171 Posts