Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Someone liked my car so much that they decided to do a free mod for me last night, by reversing into my parked car. Excuse quality of the pics.

Indy quote - £300 repair and repaint.

Audi quote - £1800 full rear bumper replacement.

What would you choose?

[Sent from a mobile device (like you even care)]

·
Registered
390 Posts
If you knew for sure the Indy did a quality job then that would be ok, but if they don’t then you’ll notice the shoddy repair every time you look at the car. As Tony says is insurance an option?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm favouring Audi installing a new bumper via insurance, as mentioned a repair would bug me down the line, even if the job was well done and unnoticeable. The lady involved knocked on my door to inform me, so have her details for claim. Only had the car a couple months too. My last car, an S4 Avant, had a lorry swipe it while parked too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just added a touch of R8 vagasile to my engine bay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did this and my coolant lost all its pressure so had to remove the cap, push all the air out the system, put the old cap back on and thew away the “R8” one. Oil ones fine though

·
Registered
547 Posts
I'm favouring Audi installing a new bumper via insurance, as mentioned a repair would bug me down the line, even if the job was well done and unnoticeable. The lady involved knocked on my door to inform me, so have her details for claim. Only had the car a couple months too. My last car, an S4 Avant, had a lorry swipe it while parked too.

I think you might need to change your parking space 😂 😂
I've got a few scrapes on mine also, but no one has unfortunately came forward making life much harder when choosing where to go to😭

·
Registered
117 Posts
I think you might need to change your parking space
I've got a few scrapes on mine also, but no one has unfortunately came forward making life much harder when choosing where to go to
I see ya logic, but S4 was outside local garage in post surgery recovery when the lorry thought it needed a little walk down the road.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I did this and my coolant lost all its pressure so had to remove the cap, push all the air out the system, put the old cap back on and thew away the “R8” one. Oil ones fine though
Done nearly two hundred miles mostly high speed motorway with them on and not lost a drop of oil or coolant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Been tinkering with a few things myself, replaced the puddle lights with Audi Logo ones and the fog light bulbs with ones that match the headlight color better on both cars. The 2017 cab got an APR Stage 1 ECU tune and ECS Kohlefaser Luft-Technik Intake System.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Planning my next retrofit.... Folding and dimming wing mirrors and the memory seat buttons... Just waiting for the final bits to arrive....

Probably spent more than its worth, but hey, I've nothing better to do with my time and money...

61 - 80 of 95 Posts