Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
  • Just completed the cosmetic upgrade on the RS that I’ve been wanting for months...the red Nike’s have been added just for a laugh and an extra bit of colour...time on my hands

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
I just got my wheels back painted in Smoke Grey

·
Registered
121 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Keeping busy then Karl. Take before n agrees of your wing mirror cover upgrades.
Ha trying - I cant wash the car everyday as I'll be getting funny looks from the neighbours!
Still deciding whether to start digging out my garden for a patio!
Just going from matt silver to a more pearl silver.

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
Simon, that looks mental nice. Looking forward to seeing them fitted to the car again. Painted or powder coated?
Hiya Fergus. The colour is a gun metal grey that I found in the Fiat paint samples. This time they are just painted with 3 coats on top of an undercoat and I just got the new tyres fitted (same Sport Contis that were already on the car) and I have remounted the wheels onto the car, but we still cannot drive around without a valid reason so I cannot wait to take her for a drive soon I hope.....

·
Registered
390 Posts
Simon, hopefully you’ll get an easing of these restrictions soon, but until then you’ll just have to share a phot or two of your wheels mounted to your car again so we can admire your handy work 🤔

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
Fergus mate I am about as handy as any fellow with 10 thumbs, so the work has been done for me by pros hehehehehe....luckily I work for a little company that do this stuff, so yes I now have some pics to share of the wheels with new tyres back on the old car.......I will share very soon mate.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Just added a touch of R8 vagasile to my engine bay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where did you buy those caps?

[Sent from a mobile device (like you even care)]

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
My wheels are painted and now fitted with new tyres and back onto the car, pic follows (car is still dirty mind): Please tell me what you think. This coming week I hope to get a full set pf Brembos fitted rotors and pads....

·
Registered
390 Posts
My wheels are painted and now fitted with new tyres and back onto the car, pic follows (car is still dirty mind): Please tell me what you think. This coming week I hope to get a full set pf Brembos fitted rotors and pads.... View attachment 177822
I’m liking it so far, brembos will certainly add stopping power. For me I prefer darker alloys rather than the shiny silver, it gives a better overall appearance. Plenty of time to detail after you have the more important jobs completed. Surely you won’t leave the detailing to pros too?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just had my wheels refurbished and done in smoked chrome, and then spent the day with the clay bar and mop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking good. Do you have any closer shots of the wheels? Interested in the smoked chrome colour. Are they powder coated or painted/lacquered?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanks. I had mine re-finished last year, same rims. I'm finding that any small stone chips on the spokes lead to large areas of powder coat damage. Would be good to see how you get on when you can get some miles on them.

41 - 60 of 103 Posts