Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yep, it is the std diffuser with the trim strip removed, holes filled, then the 'fins' added and re painted in metallic matt black. I need to get some other pics in better lighting!

DK tuning diffuser! ha ha, and the custom valved exhaust is made by my fine DIY hands! ;)
Great skills and your talents know no limits

[Sent from a mobile device (like you even care)]

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yep, it is the std diffuser with the trim strip removed, holes filled, then the 'fins' added and re painted in metallic matt black. I need to get some other pics in better lighting!

DK tuning diffuser! ha ha, and the custom valved exhaust is made by my fine DIY hands! ;)
OMG dave mate that Diffuser hahaha jheez how do you go about making that? I want a diffuser for my A5 but cant find any that fit the Non Sline bumper.........

·
Registered
128 Posts
Let me know more about this ADS I really wanted to retrofit it but cant find much info.......
There is some info on here, but basically I bought the button from Audi direct, was about £40 I think, the extension wire and then followed the instruction found on AudiEnthusiasts:
B8 - B8.5 - For facelift, B8.5 this link has a video with the pins needed (Pin 7 on button to Pin 16 on J519 grey connector):

Easyish to do, good luck

Edit, just to add I purchased these part numbers:
Repair wire from ebay: 000979009E
Button from Audi for B8.5 : 8K2959674P V10

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
There is some info on here, but basically I bought the button from Audi direct, was about £40 I think, the extension wire and then followed the instruction found on AudiEnthusiasts:
B8 - B8.5 - For facelift, B8.5 this link has a video with the pins needed (Pin 7 on button to Pin 16 on J519 grey connector):

Easyish to do, good luck
Love it. Will give it a go

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
OMG dave mate that Diffuser hahaha jheez how do you go about making that? I want a diffuser for my A5 but cant find any that fit the Non Sline bumper.........
The S5 style diffuser lends itself to doing this as it is fairly 'square' and quite straight, so just removed the S5 strip across the bottom, then filled in the recess and holes with plastic bumper filler, bought 4 sheets of 10mm thick plastic, cut the contour of the diffuser into the plastic sheets, then glued and screwed, them on, filled around the joints with filler, then painted. :)

·
Registered
487 Posts
Excellent work Dave, I suppose you can make it as subdued or as aggressive as you like this way.
You could even have some spares of different sizes to keep mixing it up. 👍

·
Registered
46 Posts
Given my wheels a tidy, removing old sticky backing from weights on the inside, fixed some slight kerb marks, machine polished, ceramic polish and then sealant on the body work.
Hoovered and cleaned behind the bulkhead and engine bay, then sprayed with EZ fusion hydraphobic sealant fo the instruction pics for fitting my strut bars.
Made a new diffuser.
Selflessly made some strut bars for others to enjoy. ;) :D Only got a few left now. If you'd like your steering a little more taught, then let me know! :D

Can't believe I've only done 30 miles in 6 weeks!! Still on the same fuel since the middle of March! Ah well, saving me money and keeping the miles down on the ol'S5 :)

View attachment 177524
View attachment 177525
I would just like my steering to WORK Dave!!! Got the " STEERING DEFECTIVE- DO NOT DRIVE VEHICLE " warning come up yesterday and car wont start. problem is I need it to go to work.
Given my wheels a tidy, removing old sticky backing from weights on the inside, fixed some slight kerb marks, machine polished, ceramic polish and then sealant on the body work.
Hoovered and cleaned behind the bulkhead and engine bay, then sprayed with EZ fusion hydraphobic sealant fo the instruction pics for fitting my strut bars.
Made a new diffuser.
Selflessly made some strut bars for others to enjoy. ;) :D Only got a few left now. If you'd like your steering a little more taught, then let me know! :D

Can't believe I've only done 30 miles in 6 weeks!! Still on the same fuel since the middle of March! Ah well, saving me money and keeping the miles down on the ol'S5 :)

View attachment 177524
View attachment 177525
Re: "IF YOU WOULD LIKE YOUR STEERING TO BE MORE TAUGHT" I would settle for my steering to just WORK Dave!!! Got the "DEFECTIVE STEERING DO NOT DRIVE VEHICLE " warning yesterday and car wont start. Problem is I need it to get to work as I am a key worker 😢

·
Registered
46 Posts
I would just like my steering to WORK Dave!!! Got the " STEERING DEFECTIVE- DO NOT DRIVE VEHICLE " warning come up yesterday and car wont start. problem is I need it to go to work.

Re: "IF YOU WOULD LIKE YOUR STEERING TO BE MORE TAUGHT" I would settle for my steering to just WORK Dave!!! Got the "DEFECTIVE STEERING DO NOT DRIVE VEHICLE " warning yesterday and car wont start. Problem is I need it to get to work as I am a key worker 😢
Sorry guys somehow sent that reply twice- oops

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
What model year is yours?

I suggest you try searching here first Audi A5/S5 Coupe/Sportback (A5CO) 2015 year Group Parts Audi EUROPA

To be fair that is a pain as it looks like you will need to change the surround too:

Page 2 and 3 here: AudiEnthusiasts Vag Com
Its a 2012 but its a B8.5 SE not Sline

I found this video of how it works for my car
I have a blank button at that spot I thought you just pop the blanking plate out and add a new button and wire it etc.... not much info on wiring the one in the console I did set about researching this but never got a perfect explanation

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well it was my birthday not long ago so my girlfriend bought me loads of stuff for the car, definitely a keeper!

So to fit:

-Prefacelift LED taillights and code
-Aluminium transmission insert
-20MM Spacers all round (not lowered yet so shouldn't rub on the front)
-Black honeycomb fog grilles

Currently getting a new clutch and flywheel fitted, painful waiting!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Well it was my birthday not long ago so my girlfriend bought me loads of stuff for the car, definitely a keeper!

So to fit:

-Prefacelift LED taillights and code
-Aluminium transmission insert
-20MM Spacers all round (not lowered yet so shouldn't rub on the front)
-Black honeycomb fog grilles

Currently getting a new clutch and flywheel fitted, painful waiting!
Lol she got a sister?

Let us know how the mods are once done

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've been buying cleaning products over the last 2 weeks. Now I have everything the weather doesn't want to play ball.

[Sent from a mobile device (like you even care)]

·
Registered
9,067 Posts
Working fron home so modified my working day from 7am-8pm to 8.30 ish- maybe 4pm.
That's coz I am only doing 3 peoples work rather than 5.

Company car is withdrawn for bik purposes so have substituted morning coffee for Gin

21 - 40 of 103 Posts