Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

201 - 220 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Xmas has come early. Well the fact is I ordered these in mid Sept not knowing there was a worldwide shortage, with most stockist quoting January 2021 for delivery. So that gives a little context to my initial statement.

I cant wait to get these badboys installed

You’ll be well chuffed with these...question I ask is “why are they still in the box?” 😂 Get them fitted.
It now makes the wait worthwhile though I bet.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
Whats the drop on them bad boys

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
221 Posts
Not got the skills or tools to install myself, so my indy will get the job once they have a slot for me, which will be in the new year now. These are the last piece in my handling upgrade puzzle. So the rear ARB, rear end links, front end links, and x-brace will go on at the same time.

Quoted drop is 30-50mm, I'll get it set at 40mm all round and see how I get on

Reactions: MrFergus

·
Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
228 Posts
I need new ones, mine have faded into a red glow. That's what you get for cheap eBay ones

·
Registered
485 Posts
I need new ones, mine have faded into a red glow. That's what you get for cheap eBay ones
Some of them can be real costly for what they are. It’s about finding a balance. I’ve kept my genuine ‘non-led’ Audi ones and boxed them away.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hmm. Can't say i'm doing mods (yet).

Was thinking of selling as its been in garage for a couple of months with trickle charger for battery.
09, 3.0tdi 84k on clock.

But.... i thought maybe if i put a wee bit of detailing in i'll keep the bugger!
I am starting the process of a proper clean of car though,
Cleaned the leather yesterday. Steering wheel has come up looking like new.
Interior hoover and apply leather care balm today.
Tomorrow will be interior shampoo of carpets and clean. And clean all surfaces (may do friday)
That should complete interior clean.

Going to order an orbital polisher and polish car next week (after clean and clay).

Then new tyres and MOT!

Reactions: Smokey Joe

·
Registered
485 Posts
Hmm. Can't say i'm doing mods (yet).

Was thinking of selling as its been in garage for a couple of months with trickle charger for battery.
09, 3.0tdi 84k on clock.

But.... i thought maybe if i put a wee bit of detailing in i'll keep the bugger!
I am starting the process of a proper clean of car though,
Cleaned the leather yesterday. Steering wheel has come up looking like new.
Interior hoover and apply leather care balm today.
Tomorrow will be interior shampoo of carpets and clean. And clean all surfaces (may do friday)
That should complete interior clean.

Going to order an orbital polisher and polish car next week (after clean and clay).

Then new tyres and MOT!
Sounds like your enjoying your renovation project. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Not a mod as such but I've just bought a new set of 20x10 Jr wheels with custom offsets which are waiting for me to fit after I get the chance to apply a ceramic coating first.
IMG_20210214_153119.jpg
IMG_20210214_153119.jpg

·
Registered
588 Posts
Thanks MrFergus,
I like them and they have a really deep concave to them which doesn't show in the pic.
Went with Toyo Proxes sport tyres which I've never used before so just hoping that they're up to the job.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
Looks nice Joe!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
(y) very nice! :)

Are they forged?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Thanks fellas.
Unfortunately they are not forged Dave as my wallet can't stretch that far but they are actually lighter than the 19inch rotors which was a nice surprise.
Can't obviously comment on the strength yet but they do seem very good quality and come with a tuv certificate so fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
If you know the car, you know they are aftermarket, but they do look good! (y)

I think it's the pic. They look better at the front as the paintwork looks darker. The reflections at the back make the paint look bluey, which to me is making it look like something isn't quite right. Do you know what I mean? cover the photo at the rear, then at the back. :)

That photo you took in the dark after a polish with the dark accents on the photo pic and it will look awesome. Or take it at more of an acute angle.

That's just me coz I am a bit pedantic! :) I'm more, the darker the wheels, the lighter the paintwork. Never been a fan of pure black wheels on a black car.

But my conclusion after my over thinking is that they do suit the car! I think the lighting in the pic makes something look off, let me have a play...

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Now it a bit of hue, tone and contrast, looks mint! :D

·
Registered
588 Posts
Thanks fellas appreciate the comments.

Dave thanks for taking the time to alter what was probably a crap pic taken on my phone this morning but the car is actually blue 😂.
I'll try with some better angles when I can.
The wheels are hyper grey and actually shine a little more brighter than in the pic.

My son told me they look sick so I'm happy with that 😂

·
Registered
12 Posts
I’ve seen a few people in here have done the wireless charging tray where the ashtray usually is. Has anyone in the uk done this as I noticed the tray was from America? Not even that bothered about the charging would just be nice to have somewhere to put my phone. I have the iPhone 12 Pro Max so quite big and doesn’t really fit anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

201 - 220 of 223 Posts