Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

181 - 190 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
View attachment 179032
Seeing as we are yet again in lockdown. I met a friend and we stayed 2M apart. I wanted to repump this thread with a mean pic of a A5 running 330bhp 700nm and a M4 500bh idk the nm. Makes me tempted to take my build truther, But I have some service fixes to do. I have ordered a new gearbox gasket, Filter strainer etc going to do it myself too so expect a detailed thread on how to properly service a S Tronic at home (I have read like 200 pages of info on it) I will drop some part numbers and info on how to identify the gen of your S Tronic from VCDS dump.

Also for Christmas I might be getting a Wagener intercooler. And I'm tempted to treat myself to some S line lamps for my front.

So Gentlemen, What's on your list for Santa this year?
V6Thomas, well...a little off track, but I’m away to install a fully flaked epoxy resin garage floor for the RS to sit on. I too have comprehensively researched so watch this space...I’ll post some pics.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
V6Thomas, well...a little off track, but I’m away to install a fully flaked epoxy resin garage floor for the RS to sit on. I too have comprehensively researched so watch this space...I’ll post some pics.
OOh is that the stuff they have to scrape the face with a razer? Like on AmmoNYC's?

·
Registered
453 Posts
OOh is that the stuff they have to scrape the face with a razer? Like on AmmoNYC's?
V6Thomas, it’s going to be a 4mm MMA floor. It’s called Methyl Methacrylate flooring systems.
I’m going to shotblast the current painted surface, diamond cut the floor to a smooth and hard base, then apply primer, then 4mm if MMA epoxy with a decorative flake then two coats of sealant. Should, fingers crossed, look the business. It states it should be good for 25 years.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
V6Thomas, it’s going to be a 4mm MMA floor. It’s called Methyl Methacrylate flooring systems.
I’m going to shotblast the current painted surface, diamond cut the floor to a smooth and hard base, then apply primer, then 4mm if MMA epoxy with a decorative flake then two coats of sealant. Should, fingers crossed, look the business. It states it should be good for 25 years.
Looking forward to seeing it mate 😀

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well I did this during lock down, it took 6 rattle can two kilos of filler and a lot of hard work. I’ve now gone from this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
209 Posts
Now this is a build thread I have to see

Reactions: Mickjane

·
Registered
85 Posts
I took me all Sunday morning lol . I decided to chop my 2013 A5 Sline for a 2018 A5 Sline same speck as previous one but with a few extras. I can’t believe how much depreciation in 2 1/2 years, but I suppose buying a Cabriolet in the winter they are always going to be cheaper. This ones the 252bhp version where the older one was 211 bop, can’t say that the extra 40 odd BHP makes a great deal of difference but there again I’ve only had it a week and egr indoors has used it most lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

181 - 190 of 190 Posts