Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys, on the Audi A5

On the Audio control panel or the button next to the gearbox, if you press the button you can select car options like service, satnav, radio ect

its the big button in the middle, behind the gear stick, you can rotate it and press it, you know controls the MMI stuff,

what do you call this device, >?

My button, the top part it has a round black plastic cover, its missing, so i want to buy a new utton

but i dont know whats it called to search///

·
Sponsor
2,301 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
On my S5, one day I had a sticky finger and the little joystick middle part came off stuck to my finger! :D

Glad I looked at those images on ebay as know I know I am missing the circlip which holds the joystick on it;s little shaft! Need to get my magnet reach pick up stick to retrieve the circlip from around the bottom of the joystick shaft. I think I can see it there! :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

MMI joystick button
On my S5, one day I had a sticky finger and the little joystick middle part came off stuck to my finger! :D

Glad I looked at those images on ebay as know I know I am missing the circlip which holds the joystick on it;s little shaft! Need to get my magnet reach pick up stick to retrieve the circlip from around the bottom of the joystick shaft. I think I can see it there! :)
how did u fix it? i can see a small spring or something jammed on the side, need a tweezers to pull it out

was it an easy fix as there are no vids out there

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats it, thats what i need, i was searching and getting audi cockpit speedo thingys,

thanks mate
Ingol

I tried to select my music today and i cant select the music

it will not register the click, so i had to switch the radio on, actually i can click choose any settings

just wondering why a small piece of plastic can cause a huge malfunction, i cant even find where the original part disappeared to, it should be in the car but i cannot find it anywhere

Ive ordered a replacement but i thought i can still use it until i get the replacement

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Mine appear to function normally. it is just pressed on at the moment and will come off with a sticky finger :)

Need to have another look to see if the circlip really is at the bottom of the joystick shaft. Not looked at it for a while. I've only used it once, I think, on the satnav.

·
Sponsor
2,301 Posts
I wouldn't know I'm afraid, never looked too closely at this part as fortunately it hasn't given me any problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts