Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
I got my S5 going 162 mph in Germany (said 261 km/h on center display, neelde was on 270 km/h approx). I was probably around 6500 rpm only, and the car could have gone more, but the electronic limiter did in fact kick in to limit speed.

A previous S4 i had a few years ago (a V8 also) topped out at 285 km/h (177 mph), and it seemed the limiter was not active then.

I did this on the straight between Saarbrucken and Kaiserslautern, very early in the morning - big straight line, with no speed limit, and usually going 200km/h before getting into the straight.

The car actually doesn't mind the speed at all, not shaky, not light on the front end, no noise or vibration.... Other than that, I drove it at 220-240 km/h (140+ mph) over 40-50 miles during that trip without any consideration that it was an issue. Maybe I'm used to driving those speeds in Germany ( have been going there for the last 15-20 years) - but speed in the S5 is really a non issue up to 150 mph, thereafter, still not an issue, its just the risk of being able to react to traffic 1/2 a mile ahead without slamming on your brakes at that speed....

·
Registered
275 Posts
Honestly, i wish the speed limiter was deactivated, just to say I drove 180 mph in my S5. In actual fact, there are few options to hit 150 mph on roads, and the S5 is not a track car. I would spend the money on something else, other than pushing the car once, you can never use it - too much traffic. If you drive fast, very rarely will you be over 140mph..... except in Germany, and even there, traffic is the worst.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.