Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Daytona Gray

Welcome to the forum. Can you please update your profile to reflect your location?

That color is Daytona Gray. Check out the following links:

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

·
Registered
483 Posts
that's the best colour by far... every time i see it ... i want it
but every time i see its price tag.... i balk... :(

·
Registered
714 Posts
But so far in our worldwide group I think we've only found 1 owner of a Daytona A5? Great taste, Wismie.

·
Registered
53 Posts
It does look very nice, but is not avail here as a standard color

·
Registered
106 Posts
Special Order paint?

Daytona Gray on a A5?

Was this a special order?

No Daytona Gray offered on a A5 ... here in the US.

PS: I'm trying my dealer to quote me a price on getting the Avus Silver (standard on the A5 and RS4) on my S5 order. This with the black leather and Pearl Silver Alcantara seat inserts would be a unique killer!

·
Registered
483 Posts
But so far in our worldwide group I think we've only found 1 owner of a Daytona A5? Great taste, Wismie.
that's b/c the cost for that here in Canada is 3500 plus tax... which works out to about 4000 all in aftertax (cheaper but still expensive in the US at 2500 plus tax) ... it's exorbiant just for paint - any paint - if you ask me..... :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,

I just ordered a Daytona Gray Audi A5 (Audi Exclusive Paint). It costed me some extra $$ but i think this nice colour is well worth it :cool:

·
Registered
483 Posts
great for you; it's beautiful....... i wish i could justify the costs to myself... maybe i day when i do i will get it too :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Daytona Gray on a A5?

Was this a special order?

No Daytona Gray offered on a A5 ... here in the US.
It is available under the Audi Exclusive program, it's not a standard color. I bought mine in Daytona (check the pics in my sig) and I don't regret a second the extra cost.

Edit : I just checked TXcarguy's links and they're mostly my car so nothing new for you in my sig if you went there already :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
that's the best colour by far... every time i see it ... i want it
but every time i see its price tag.... i balk... :(
same here!!

However, Satellite package vs. Daytona grey... If I have to pick one, it would be Daytona. I have a portable GPS already, cost me only $200 at Best Buy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Have to agree with you there. A cars paintwork has alot to say on the appearance / impression of the car. A Satnav system is a more technical aspect.

·
Registered
483 Posts
For me, $4000 is just too much for paint…. $1000 it would have been a no brainer…. It's too bad that the premium is so steep.. I can understand it for a non-Audi colour… but for a colour that is available in the Audi range, I just can't justify it.. :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here in Norway i have to pay approx. 90000$ for my A5 1.8 TFSI :p The taxes around here are not comparable to yours ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts