Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Seems like all MTM mods are crazy expensive compared to Milltek and H&R. Does anyone have 1st hand experience with their mods. I am sure that they are great but is it worth the extra $$$.

Their supercharged RS4 is freaking awsome :eek: so their superchared S5 must be the same but at $38k just for the parts that itself is crazy!...I would love to see that video though

·
Registered
144 Posts
Because they are regarded as the best. The quality of their products is top notch, and you certainly get what you pay for.
I couldn't disagree more.
Sure they are regarded as the best Audi tuner and their hard parts and software are exellent. However, their wheels are outsourced and are not the lightest for being forged wheels, their suspension kits are be-named H&R/Eibachs, and their brakes are re-named Brembos. This is very common for a lot of European tuning houses and Sportec does the same thing. Does painting calipers or springs black and putting your name on them justify the huge markup over the regular retail price of the same parts?? No.
So do you honestly get what you pay for? I don't think so. When it come to the engine hard parts and software then yes, the quality is there, but the prices are questionable at best. I would pass on their other hard parts however

·
Registered
384 Posts
Why would anyone buy a supercharger for an S5 @ 38k when they could buy the combined cost of a new car with even more horsepower!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I personally wasn't speaking of the costs involved with the MTM upgrades. I just liked to see the performance of the RS4 that was posted on youtube, that car they tuned was darn FAST!

I too could never justify that kinda of money for said upgrades. There prices are way out of line. Especially for a company that is pretty much just renaming some of there product from a previous manufacture.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Why would anyone buy a supercharger for an S5 @ 38k when they could buy the combined cost of a new car with even more horsepower!
I agree that it's very expensive, impractical, and way out of my league, but I have to disagree with the statement that the combined cost would get you a more powerful new car. An S5 + the 38k supercharger kit puts it around 100k total. At 500hp and everything else that makes the S5 great, it's still a compelling choice over anything else in the same price range.

What other sport-luxury coupe with 500hp, 6MT, great looks, great interior, AWD can you get for 100k? I actually can't think of any off the top of my head. GT-R, I suppose, if you consider the aesthetics and luxury to be equivalent (or the cars to even be comparable).

-Ray

·
Registered
384 Posts
I understand your point. But the car was never engineered for that type of horsepower. It may be too much power for the AWD system in the car. And not to mention Audi would never warranty the car with that mod.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
And not to mention Audi would never warranty the car with that mod.
Haha I'd want to see the look on the mechanic's face when you take such a car in for basic service.

-Ray

·
Registered
536 Posts
If you think the RS4 SC kit is expensive, I belive the parts alone for the R8 SC kit costs 58 grand without taxes. That is a lot more than the premium Audi will probably charge for the V10 R8, which is expected to get the same ~580 HP V10 twin turbo engine in the current RS6 Avant, and with a low cost chip, may produce something around 650 HP. :eek:

·
Registered
750 Posts
wow! wish the S5 had a V10 option...:(

·
Registered
384 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.