Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I am gonna order these rims: http://www.hrewheels.com/wheels.php?q=/840R/841R/ 20x9 front 20x 10 Rear. I have the H&R 1" springs ordered as well as the Millteck exhaust and the latest update is that my S5 will arrive this friday :).

My first question is what finish for the rims will be the easiest to maintain? I am thinking either brushed or chrome as my looks preferences.

My second question is what tires to put on these rims? I want looks and performance but don't want to go too overboard and ruin ride comfort.

All opinions welcome and wanted!

·
Registered
432 Posts
What color is your car gunna me? I think it makes a big difference on what finish to get.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Why are you considering going with different size wheels front and back? If you want a staggered look, then simply get more aggressive offsets in the rear which will give you more lip and the staggered effect.

You have to maintain consistent rolling diameters front and rear to keep the quattro gods happy, so I would definitely get consistent rim sizes.

If you go with a 10" rim, I would definitely go with 275/30 tires as they fit perfect and ride very close to stock. I have them fitted to my car. You can go Toyo T1R or if money is no issue you can go Michelin PS2. Both will give you the ride comfort you desire...

As for the finish; if you get the centers brushed, they will match your side mirrors perfectly and really add a level of sport to the vehicle.

Chrome wheels will be harder to maintain and look less sporty. That's just my opinion on the look, but they are definitely harder to maintain as you cannot use certain cleaning agents on chrome and they show water sports more than any other finish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.