Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

What wheel finish for Ice Silver Metallic S5?

• Silver Powder Coat

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Polished

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Black

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Gunmetal Grey

Votes: 4 23.5%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm new here. This is my first thread. Anyways, I'm planning to place my order soon for an S5. Before placing the order, I've been debating the vehicle color (Ibis White, Phantom Black, and my newest pick Ice Silver Metallic) and well as the aftermarket mods.

Here's the question: If I had the Ice Silver Metallic, what color wheels would look best? Silver Powdercoat, Polished, Black, Gunmetal Grey?

I'm kinda partial to easy to maintain wheels, but I might be pursuaded otherwise. The wheels I am thinking about getting would be the HRE 891R's. See attachment, sorry its not on an S5. Thanks for your opinions.

Attachments

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I have a few votes so far. Thanks for the input.

Any other comments. What do you guys think about those wheels? Should I keep looking for another design. Also, I drive some really nasty roads on a regular basis, so my thinking was that going with 20" wheels would be bad. Does the added strength of a forged wheel hold up as well as the cast wheel would with a bigger side wall? I wonder if I should just stay with 19" wheels and use 265/35/19 tires. Any thoughts or advice?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I voted silver powdercoat. Those HRE wheels will look very nice!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.