Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so this happened to me AGAIN today...

First time was when I was making a left turn but I was stopped because traffic coming the opposite way has right of way. BMW 3 series passes and flashes his lights (at me?), didn't think much of it

Then again today, driving along and from the opposite side I get another 2 flashes from another car.

I know this usually means there is police up ahead with their radar guns :rolleyes: but both times there haven't been any police?

Is this just another way of sayin 'hey nice car!' or am I missing something :) :)

·
Registered
714 Posts
Don't know about the US but in the UK people sometimes flash if they think you have your lights on when they consider it unnecessary.

·
Registered
103 Posts
it probably IS them just saying nice car. one thing that occurred to me (because this actually happened to me yesterday also) was that perhaps people coming by quickly think the LED DRLs are you using your hi-beams in their face and they are flashing you back. Not sure tho. Probably just them saying NICE CAR though. And even if it's not, let's pretend it is!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
true, but only had my daytime running lights on so it is necessary ;)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha yeah!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Always thought it ment some Police are ahead... but having a nice car shoot I would be flashing lights at you too!! Saying daaaaaaaaaamn she's beautiful!

·
Registered
13 Posts
In long island ny people flash their lights when they race ahead of you meaning they beat you. Thats what some idiots do over here.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so theres many interpretations, interesting

·
Registered
441 Posts
Maybe its someone that knows you! Or someone that wants to know you! HA HA

1 - 11 of 11 Posts