Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is from another post but I thought I would get some input. Thanks Robb for blackening the wheels and trim. I did the hatchet job lowering on it... word paint, along with the fog light rim... not to bad from a distance.

Attachments

·
Registered
714 Posts
In the words of the Jungle Brothers "Too black, too strong"

Although the song then goes on to say "Can you feel it?" ... and maybe some will.

Ah, 1988, what a year.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
No

·
Registered
415 Posts
That's a big no. I like black cars as much as the next guy...but that's just too much. With no contrasting elements, it's visually featureless. Might as well be a Camaro or something, because that car looks like something you might do to a domestic muscle car.

Wow..the more I look at it, the worse it gets. The lines are completely ruined by the elimination of the shiny stuff. Who would have guessed?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was just a thought.

Put white doors on it and it would make a bad ass cop car.

·
Registered
103 Posts
it reminds me of KITT from the original Knight Rider. which would generally be a compliment i guess, but in this case, i dont mean it as one at all... remember, KITT is from the 80's. it's 2008. class it up a little.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Puts me in mind of a race-prepped car.

If you're going to do anything to those wheels, they would be better anthracite, rather than black. Anthracite is more subtle.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Nah..... Not Nice.. It NEEDS the Chrome !!

·
Registered
45 Posts
No no no no no......

·
Registered
48 Posts
Black = Big no.

Someone mentioned anthracite, why not...

I have those rims and I think, even with a black car, the whole car would look much better by leaving them the way they are.

All black like this, all you need is too add a red running light behind the front grill and have people start calling you ¨Michael¨ (you know what I´m talking about)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts