Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been shopping around for an A5 and came across and A5 S-line. The first thing I noticed were the 19in y-spoke wheels. What else is different about the S-line over the vanilla A5?

·
Registered
227 Posts
The sports seats. Many love those seats but just as many find them very uncomfortable. Also the side bolsters on the sports seats are prone to wear everytime you enter and exit the car.

The S Line requires you get the Alcantara leather. This is another thing you need to check beforehand. The inserts look like suede and IMO have a funky, worn out look even when new.

The final difference is the S-Line ground effects on the front grille, rear valance and sides.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have been shopping around for an A5 and came across and A5 S-line. The first thing I noticed were the 19in y-spoke wheels. What else is different about the S-line over the vanilla A5?
The full spec is in the brochure - follow this link :

http://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/audi/production/PDF/PriceAndSpecGuides/a5-s5.pdf

Sline package is in addtion to the se spec

Equipment
In addition to SE model equipment

Wheels, tyres and suspension - 18” x 8J ‘5-spoke’ S line design alloy wheels
with 245/40 R18 tyres
Seats - Sports seats
Sports suspension with stiffer spring settings and shock absorbers (S line Sports suspension available at no charge)
Space-saver spare wheel

Interior equipment

3-spoke S line multi-function steering wheel (paddle shift for automatic models)
Black headlining
Matt-brushed aluminium inlays
Perforated leather gear knob
S line embossed Sports seats in Milano leather
S line sill plates

Exterior equipment

Bumper ‘blade’ in Platinum optic
Chrome rolled exhaust
S line exterior styling package including:
– S line side skirts
– S line front bumper
– S line rear diffuser
– S line badges on wings
Rear LED lights
Xenon headlights with LED running lights

Additional upholstery information

Option of black or silver stitching to
upholstery, steering wheel, gearshift gaiters and floor mats on leather/Alcantara upholstery only

You might also want to consider the S line Special Edition package for an extra £750 giving you :

19” x 8.5J ‘5-spoke Y’ design alloy wheels with 255/35 R19 Y tyres
Audio and communication
Mobile phone preparation – Bluetooth interface
Bang & Olufsen sound system
DAB digital radio

Choices , choices !!:cheers:

·
Registered
842 Posts
depends where you live. have a look at your regional brochure.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Just a quick add to this- I have read elsewhere on this forum that any model over SE- (so SLine) gets Auto Lights and Wipers as Standard- is this true???

I have ordered the comfort pack on Sline Cabriolet - quote from website... comprising electric front seats with memory function on driver’s side, door mirrors – electrically folding and auto-dimming with memory function, auto-dimming rear view mirror and light and rain sensors which control the automatic headlights facility"

question is does this include auto rain sensing wipers (hope so/bl0ody well ought to at the price im paying for it!)

On this A4 i've got at mo- it has auto headlights- and dimming rear view mirror but no auto wipers!

·
Registered
363 Posts
This can be confusing. You get the auto wipers and headlights with the S line as they are standard for SE and above. So your "comfort" pack only gives additonally you the electric front seats with memory function on driver’s side, door mirrors – electrically folding and auto-dimming with memory function, auto-dimming rear view mirror. I am assuming that you actually mean the convenience package not comfort package which includes acoustic parking system plus, cruise control and mobile telephone preparation - Bluetooth interface.

·
Registered
280 Posts
caldean, no i meant comfort pack, thats what it is called on my order, however you too are right as in the dec 09 brochure the same pack with same order code is now called convienence pack in previous brochures it was called comfort pack. The only thing Convienent about this package is for audi who have comfortably misled me by thinking that i get a good lot of options by buying this package for over a grand but i already get some of them by already speccing s line! Never mind at least i know i've got all these gadgets now- even if i'm paying through the nose for them!
I was also referring to the cabriolet and in the 2 brochures i've got there is def no parking plus, cruise and bt in a package- comfort or convenience, so maybe it is also diff against the coupe? Never the less its all bloody complicated anyway!

·
Registered
363 Posts
You're quite correct. I was going by the coupe brochure - should have spotted that you were talking about the Cab. Some odd changes in the brochures - adaptive lights used to provide LEDs front and rear, now only front from what I can make out. Audi need someone to write their brochures who can understand and explain the options properly.

·
Registered
128 Posts
S_Line is worth it, but also ensure you get drive select.

Reactions: Geir
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.