Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok now, please excuse my not very good photoshop ability.

I'm thinking of getting these wheels in 20s for my S5 when it comes. I wanted to get an idea of what people thought of them. Let me know yeh.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Not working for me at all ... too busy. I think those wheels will be too much of a distraction from the good looks of the car itself.

·
Registered
315 Posts
same. Too crazy for me. I'm in love with my stock 19's, I haven't seen any wheels like em. Always had 5 spokes on all my cars too. So I might be biased.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Ok now, please excuse my not very good photoshop ability.

I'm thinking of getting these wheels in 20s for my S5 when it comes. I wanted to get an idea of what people thought of them. Let me know yeh.
I just threw up in my mouth a little......

·
Registered
315 Posts
I knew my photoshop ability was bad, but didn't think it would have that effect on anyone LOL :D
Actually, your photoshop is quite good! =)

·
Registered
735 Posts
Well not the reaction I was expecting :eek: . How about these ones then?
Phew, glad you aren't going for the first set anyway in your original post :eek: I was afraid to say, too polite :p

I like the second set in your latest post :)

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
I actually like the first set. Always have done. But they are more suited to 4x4s.
In all honesty, I wouldn't give Mr Kahn the money for them. Far too overpriced. It's only a name you're paying for IMO.

Second wheels, they're pretty common. I've always thought they looks so cheap.

Love the third pic posted. Really like those ones.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yea i prefer the second ones in the second set of pics or something like them. I wouldnt go for any Kahn wheels on an Audi - they just dont look right.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I don't like either of the second set either, but at least no regurgitation this time.....:)

Check out DPE, HRE, and Work wheels if you want some high quality forged wheels that will be built specifically to your car. If the offset is wrong the car is gonna look bad regardless of the style.....my $.02

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Holy crap SAJ, they look terrible mate.. but the photoshop is clever.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I like the five spoke style on the stock 19' alot - yours aren't too hot.... try something like these (from the new Aston MartinbDB9 - sports pack) - they look great on the Aston, wonder about on the S5...?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hum, looks like it going to be a mission to find a decent set of wheels for this car. I've been looking at so many wheels, but the problem isn't the lack of good wheels, its finding ones to suit the car.

To all those who love the 19s that come with the car.....I love them too, but I want 20s and I want to drop the car to give it a slightly meaner look.

Does anyone know what the wheels are on the second pic in the second set of pics??

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nah, not doin' it for me either.

Look like a couple of big heavy snowflakes. Perfect for this time of year :D

I do, however, like these RS4-type ones..

Unlike the first ones, the RS4s look light and agile, if you know what I mean..

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well I guess from the varied reaction on the different wheels, everyone has different taste. Guess the best thing to do is go with a set I like and leave it at that.

·
Registered
273 Posts
same. Too crazy for me. I'm in love with my stock 19's, I haven't seen any wheels like em. Always had 5 spokes on all my cars too. So I might be biased.
I'm with you Yello. I will miss them during the winter months when I'll have a different set of tires (snows) and rims on the car. In fact, my major hangup about going to dedicated snows was that I knew that to do it I was going to have to give up the stock 19" wheels for a few months out of the year.

Oh well, different strokes for different folks. But, in my view, all of these folks trying to add "bling" to the car by changing wheels and swapping out the OEM 19s are bringing coals to Newcastle.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts