Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, I know sad question and I apologise beforehand!

I'm ordering the 3.0TDi sport, tiptronic with 19 Y spoke alloys and a few other extras, however I am torn between whether to go for the ibis white or phantom black.

I've seen a 1.8T in white that I thought looked good, but then a 2.7TDI in black came tearing past me on the M25 last week and I thought that looked amazing as well.

My girlfriend is of no use (a car is a car) but she's not convinced by the white, but my business partner (who has a 335d in white) says I should go for the white.

Any thoughts/comments?

I thought this would be a good topic to start with on my very first post.

Thanks

mallory

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
If you are buying yourself, go black as the residuals will be higher irrespective of how popular white is now.
If your firm is purchasing it, go white and let the company stand the higher depreciation.
If you clean your car yourself, go silver:D

·
Registered
254 Posts
Welcome to the forum,have you considered Ice Silver??

Only seen 2 or 3 in the North East, since I got mine in September.

Doesn't show the dirt that much(even through the winter)

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Any colour you like BUT mine will be Phantom Black!!

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I know, I know sad question and I apologise beforehand!

I'm ordering the 3.0TDi sport, tiptronic with 19 Y spoke alloys and a few other extras, however I am torn between whether to go for the ibis white or phantom black.

I've seen a 1.8T in white that I thought looked good, but then a 2.7TDI in black came tearing past me on the M25 last week and I thought that looked amazing as well.

My girlfriend is of no use (a car is a car) but she's not convinced by the white, but my business partner (who has a 335d in white) says I should go for the white.

Any thoughts/comments?

I thought this would be a good topic to start with on my very first post.

Thanks

mallory
I suppose White + BMW = no taste on 2 counts IMHO!

RG
Black Audis

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you've got a good point on that RG :)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Just know that if you get black, it will show dirt a LOT more than white. Also, minor scratches will be much more noticeable on a black car. So, if you're really particular about keeping your car looking clean, then you might not want to go with black. I have Brilliant Black on my car and I absolutely love the way it looks when it's clean. But, it's also very high maintenance (which I knew when ordering it) as far as keeping it clean.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
TXCarGuy... I do not agree!!! I think youare basing your opinion on 'Brilliant Black' (NON METALLIC) which is a problem keeping nice.

Phantom Black is however far easier to live with IMHO.

TT
RG

·
Registered
198 Posts
I think the A/S5 best colour is Phantom Black but I would say that :D

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Quite right Hilly. Where's this Henna red Colour kmarei is talking about. NOT a UK option (fortunately?!)

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Quartz Grey....I have it and it is A-W-E-S-O-M-E
Check out topic on Quartz Grey in photos section.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
TXCarGuy... I do not agree!!! I think youare basing your opinion on 'Brilliant Black' (NON METALLIC) which is a problem keeping nice.

Phantom Black is however far easier to live with IMHO.
Good point. I can agree with that.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Quartz Grey....I have it and it is A-W-E-S-O-M-E
Check out topic on Quartz Grey in photos section.
Ditto. I picked it without actually seeing it on this car. I have seen S6 and other Audi's with this color, but, for some reason this car looks incredible in the Quartz Grey. Actually the name of the color is misleading. The color is actually better described as a Pewter Metallic.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hey, I just saw that was my 100th post.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Henna Red - Looks like a tart's handbag IMHO.

·
Registered
109 Posts
well it's hard to judge unless you see it in real life
i have yet to see someone who saw it and didn't like it
it looks orangish in pictures
but is in effect ferrari red with a touch of orange
it's the most sought after colour for that M3

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I have seen Henna Red - and still think it looks like a tart's handbag. or are they called ***** in USofA?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts