Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What color combination have you ordered or do you like?

Personally I like the Meteor Grey with Magma interior and the Carbon fiber inserts if they are all carbon. I do not want yellow Kevlar strands. If the Kevlar is in there I will go with the stainless steel.

Does anyone know if these images of the A5 are Quartz grey or Sahara silver?
http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=15&article_id=4946

Also it looks like they used white leather in this car which is not an option. Also with the white carpet it would be very hard to keep clean. The images with the black or magma leather show dark carpet. Much easier to deal with, especially with kids.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The pictures that you have a link to are Meteor Grey and this was confirmed by Audi UK. I also have these pictures and of the S5 that was there also. However BEWARE, the model shows front PDC which is not standard OR even an option (in the U.K.).

·
Registered
58 Posts
its quite a large car although it has very nice lines. I thought black would hide the lines and silver would seem too big so a bit of a compromise. I also got some press pics in blue and not for me! Also the polished wing mirrors blend in well.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My Current car, a 04 Honda S2k, Is a light silver with a red and black interior, and its the best combination of any cars that i have ever owned.

Im thinking of getting the same combo on the A/S5 whenver I can get a price from Audi..

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have seen the Meteor Grey with Magma interior. The local dealership ordered their S5 demo model with it in. Must say it would go better with Black paintwork. At least the carpet isn't red like the 650i. Pics possible after Saturday when i am at the dealership COLLECTING MINE!:D

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have seen the Meteor Grey with Magma interior. The local dealership ordered their S5 demo model with it in. Must say it would go better with Black paintwork. At least the carpet isn't red like the 650i. Pics possible after Saturday when i am at the dealership COLLECTING MINE!:D
I would love to see pictures of the Meteor Gray w/ Magma. I have had black cars before and do not want another. They are too hard to keep clean in my area. They need almost daily washing. A dark gray is more in line for what I want.

·
Registered
58 Posts
do my best for ya! will have 6 year old son in tow at hand over so might be hectic. email me and i will return with pics attached. Anything in particular?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do my best for ya! will have 6 year old son in tow at hand over so might be hectic. email me and i will return with pics attached. Anything in particular?
Side shot with door open to show interior and exterior color.
Shot of adult in rear seat with drivers seat in normal driving position.
Shot of kid in booster seat with emphasis on kids foot position behind drivers seat in normal position.

I have a 9 and 4 year old (almost 5) that will ride with me often enough to make sure their feet fit. The 9 year olds legs are getting long enough to fit down under the front seats. The 4 year old legs are getting long enough to hand down over the front edge of the seat and get right in the way of having them to be turned all the time.

·
Registered
100 Posts
i want the sprint blue (like sky blue) metallic with the black leather interior... not sure if i want alcantara leather or not. has anyone seen/felt it? i dont know if id like it, it looks cool (suede) but not sure how it would hold up in the long run (heat, wear and tear, etc).

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i want the sprint blue (like sky blue) metallic with the black leather interior... not sure if i want alcantara leather or not. has anyone seen/felt it? i dont know if id like it, it looks cool (suede) but not sure how it would hold up in the long run (heat, wear and tear, etc).
The alcantra vs. nappa leather can be found in other models on you local dealers lot. I prefer the nappa after sitting in it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
No probs!!! lets hope i can find an adult, a kiddie of both 4 and 9 with a booster seat at my local dealership when i collect my car. All in the name of research! :) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
58 Posts
P.S. its because i have 2 young children that i chose black nappa leather. If it were me and the bread knife, i might have gone silver.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Adjust the driver seat to your liking and put you 6 year old behind and snap the picture from the passenger door. It should give us all an understanding of the space requirements for kids and passengers.

·
Registered
100 Posts
ya i like the look of the alcantara but i think the feel of the napa would be better. ill have to check it out this weekend!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts