Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I recently started looking at new cars with the intention of buying one sometime in early 2009. Once I saw the A5 I was hooked. The car is stunningly beautiful. In my quest to get information and pics of the car I came upon this forum. I am now a new member and visit daily!

While I was downloading pics of the A5 I downloaded a pic of a beautiful S5. I love the color on this S5. Can someone please tell me what color this is?

Appreciate the help.

Thanks,
Nick

Attachments

·
Registered
491 Posts
wow that is gorgeous... i would also like to know what color that is

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
The picture in the first post is Daytona.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I vote Quartz. Daytona Gray is a bit darker.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all for the replies.

From the photos it appears to be Daytona Gray. I know this color was available previously, does anyone know if it can still be ordered? I live in the U.S. and its not an option on the A5 or S5.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I vote Quartz. Daytona Gray is a bit darker.
+1

I think it's probably Quartz Gray, even though it looks like it could be Daytona Gray. Photos can be very deceiving when it comes to paint color accuracy.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thanks all for the replies.

From the photos it appears to be Daytona Gray. I know this color was available previously, does anyone know if it can still be ordered? I live in the U.S. and its not an option on the A5 or S5.
Daytona Gray should be an Audi Executive option - $2500.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Still say quartz gray. The photo is underexposed and daytona would look a very dark gray with that exposure. Look at the rear diffuser and compare to photos of both daytona and quartz. Wouldn't daytona have more sparkle in the paint and not carry a dark silver hue?

No proof, just an educated guess.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yes, the original poster's photo is Quartz however the links from 1000songs are Daytona Grey.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
That's my color! It is quartz grey

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
You can always spot Quartz because the color almost matches the rear valance.

-Ray

·
Registered
76 Posts
I sit corrected - you guys have much better eyes than I do!
I've been obsessing about color options for the past three months, that's all. ;)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Mmmmmm. Reston, I almost wish I had...
No, I'm OK.
S.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hmmm....I think you guys are right and the original S5 photo I posted is Quartz Gray. The reason I originally did not think it was Quartz Gray is because of this attached photo of a Quartz Gray S5. In this picture the Quartz Gray color looks much lighter than the original S5 photo I posted. It has a greenish sort of tint to it. It's nice, but doesn't look anywhere near as nice when viewed in this photo as opposed to the original picture (IMHO).

The photos of Daytona Gray that 1000songs and A5inReston posted are phenomenal. That is an awesome sight on an S5!

Choices...choices....some tough decisions ahead regarding color....

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts