Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a S-Line A5 today, but what are Sport Seats?? Are they the seats in the S5?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
No they're not the S5 seats, I've seen a pic somewhere but can't find it right now. Similar to S5 seat with S Line imprinted in backrest but think the headrest is separate unlike the integral one on the S5.

I'll see if I can find the pic, if not sure someone else will be along in a minute.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts

Here you go...

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
I'm still not sold on this cloth seating area combination. I wish I could see a definitive comparison between the S-Line seats and the Milano upgrade.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Someone else also asked about the S-line interior today. I posted a reply with pic here.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Yeah, I was just about to come back (after seeing photos of the silver alcanatara insert seats in the photos forum) and wonder aloud whether we know that this is cloth and not alcantara. I think I'd rather completely (er, normal) leather seating areas regardless...but cloth is at the bottom of my list of desirable seat material in a $50k+ car.

Edit: Thanks, TX! Somehow didn't notice your attached photo in that thread until after posting this (and I must have hit save right after you because I hadn't seen your last post here yet).

·
Registered
247 Posts
I was at the dealer yesterday and I kept this in mind... I asked several times about the seats and he said that there is no way they would get cloth seats :confused:

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Suncoast? Unfortunately, the U.S. dealers seem to be as in the dark as we right now...especially on the seats. Audi is not doing a good job of fully informing them thus far.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Yes that was at Suncoast Audi... did you find anything out in Tampa?

You're right... everywhere we look we find out different info...

So I also asked what the deal with the Milano seats is because from what I understand that means they are full leather then? and he said that it isn't available with the S Line package...? Confusing stuff

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
I wasn't told that Milano is not available with S-Line, but I also didn't order that upgrade. His guess, when we discussed it at the time of order, was the same - full genuine leather on the seats. But that just meant (to him) genuine leather on the back and NON-seating portions of the seat which he thought would otherwise be leatherette or whatever. Quite confusing...I'm sure Audi will let everyone know just in time for the orders to lock!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Here is the USA pricing sheet. Notice that under Milano seats it says it is not available with the "WQB" package which is S line :(

(edited to make image bigger)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
I'll have to look back at mine and see if that exclusion is there. Sure makes that decision easy! I see that side assist wasn't showing on yours either, yet someone just ordered it in California.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
WTF! So USA S-Lines have cloth seats??? Can someone confirm? I was under the impression that S-Line would give me Nappa seats!!

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Unfortunately no one can confirm! Can you see what your dealer has to say about this? When I call mine now about the side assist, I'll see if he knows more about the seats now, as well.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Okay - side assist is indeed now available per an October 19 revised order sheet. I'm having him fax me the revised order sheet and I'll post it in Pete's thread with the prior order sheet.

He still seems clueless on the S-Line seats, but he insists that Audi is not going to stick U.S. customers with cloth. TX, do you know whether the photo you posted is perhaps from Europe? My dealer thinks that may be the case and feels like we'd get Alcantara instead of cloth. But just speculation, as usual...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My dealer told me his guess is that it will be all-leather.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
TX, do you know whether the photo you posted is perhaps from Europe? My dealer thinks that may be the case and feels like we'd get Alcantara instead of cloth. But just speculation, as usual...
My guess is that the photo is a European spec S-line A5 interior.

·
Registered
341 Posts
There is additional discussion on the S-Line seats in the following thread on Leather Seats. on .
The main add-on feature for my A5 is S-Line (suspension, 19" wheels, seats). As I understand from seeing S-Line packages for the A4, the Sport Seats provide a larger side bolster and more under-leg support. Alcantara is a synthetic suede-like material and is pretty prevalent in the auto industry. It is available on many high end cars in various applications (Seats, headliner, door panels). It seems to be standard on: Aston-Martin DB9, several Lambos, including the $1.4M Reventon, BMW, MB, and so on.
See http://world.alcantara.com/ and follow ==>Experience, Automotive, Brand ...to see other auto applications.

So, to get S-Line, I'll have to stick with the Alcantara seats since the $1000 Milano leather feature appears to be mutually exclusive with S-Line.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts