Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

What 1/4 mile times can I expect?

3K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  H3nshaw 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I joined this forum about 8 years ago when I bought an A5 3.0 tdi. I've had a scary amount of cars since then:

Subaru Impreza WRX
Audi TTS
BMW X5
Mercedes CLA
350z(second car - gone now)
Range Rover Sport

I'm now in a B8.5 S5 in Sprint Blue that I got a stage 1 map. I'm going to crail Raceway on Sunday and looking for an idea on time. My stock TTS was running 13.2. I'm hoping to get a very low 12 second pass but interested to hear what people are getting.

Everything is standard except for the map - no gearbox map. The car is low miles and running decent rubber. Here is a launch I did

Not 100% accurate but I did it frame by frame as best I could, looked as close to 3.3 seconds which is pretty mental for stage one with no bolt-ons.

Let me know your times!

See less See more
#3 ·
I haven't 1/4 miled any of my cars, but have done a few 0-100kmh tests.

My RS5 8T stock according to Audi does 12.5 seconds and 4.5 to 100, Currently now it has Akrapovic Exhaust and intake plus a stage 1 tune, so by estimate it should pick up a low 12 with 455HP ish and around 4 - 4.2 for 100 kmh

Obviously the 3.0T delivers power differently.

I also run a 2010 A8L, about 300kg heavier than a 3.0T S5, but its also running a single pulley and APR stage 2 tune with intake and is pulling around 430HP with 0-100 of 4.2 seconds.

Have done a couple of line ups and rolling runs to 100 kmh the A8L and RS5 are pretty evenly paced to 100 kmh with times of 4.2-4.5 seconds. I've driven both separately at high speed as well (200 kmh) and feel about the 180 kmh mark the V8 in the RS5 starts pulling away from the supercharged A8L.

Where i'm heading with all this is my gut feel, that both of these modified cars would be around the 12-12.5 mark for 1/4 mile runs given the stock times and the added modifications

If you did manage to get 430HP+ on a stage 1 tune and given your 0-100 times, then you would have no problems with something at least 12.5 or less.

If only it sounded like a V8 RS5 :) :p best of both worlds. The 3.0T is such an awesome motor though...and the new 2.9T WOW !

#4 ·
Thanks for the reply mate!

I love the RS5, both looks and sound. Big displacement engines always show their muscle in the license losing speed range. My friend is bringing his 6.2 C63, so I'll get the joy of his v8 beauty!

12.5 seems reasonable, I'll take lots of videos and post them up here for future reference!

#6 ·
Thanks for the reply mate!

I love the RS5, both looks and sound. Big displacement engines always show their muscle in the license losing speed range. My friend is bringing his 6.2 C63, so I'll get the joy of his v8 beauty!

12.5 seems reasonable, I'll take lots of videos and post them up here for future reference!
Awesome, really love the S5 in blue, the 3. 0t is such a cool engine for power and economy. I'm using about 18-20L per 100km to convert dinosaurs into noise...i must admit the 2.9T will be in my future after 6 years if v8 rs5 ownership. Keen to see some drag slips once you get your S5 on the strip

#5 ·
Hi all,

I joined this forum about 8 years ago when I bought an A5 3.0 tdi. I've had a scary amount of cars since then:

Subaru Impreza WRX
Audi TTS
BMW X5
Mercedes CLA
350z(second car - gone now)
Range Rover Sport

I'm now in a B8.5 S5 in Sprint Blue that I got a stage 1 map. I'm going to crail Raceway on Sunday and looking for an idea on time. My stock TTS was running 13.2. I'm hoping to get a very low 12 second pass but interested to hear what people are getting.

Everything is standard except for the map - no gearbox map. The car is low miles and running decent rubber. Here is a launch I did

Not 100% accurate but I did it frame by frame as best I could, looked as close to 3.3 seconds which is pretty mental for stage one with no bolt-ons.

Let me know your times!
Was that clip shot in Ayrshire?

JG

#13 ·
That was with launch control. More videos to come! I got destroyed of a Porsche Taycan Turbo... I'll share that when I upload it 😅

I was having issues launching later in the day, I think the heat was causing issues, the wait time to get onto the strip was helping either.

My best time was 12.4 at 112mph.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.