Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With being in lockdown I’m reading a few posts of people getting round to doing that odd job to pass time.
Today I’ve been concentrating on my engine bay. I cleaned and dressed all plastics, hoses and cables. I removed the RS branded cylinder head cover and cleaned the plastics and nuts which lay underneath. The nuts under there were kind of corroded and ugly so brought them back to new before refitting. I’ve also spent time brightening the red engine accents and giving the engine lifting hooks a lick of black hammertite. One of the attached photos also shows the new Ctek traffic light ? comfort connector that lets me see the state of my battery and where I’ve mounted it.

Attachments

·
Registered
506 Posts
Nice job Mr F. I wish I had the time to do those things. Unfortunately stuck at work and when I'm not I'm home schooling 2 kids.
One day, one day. ?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice job Mr F. I wish I had the time to do those things. Unfortunately stuck at work and when I'm not I'm home schooling 2 kids.
One day, one day. ?
Home schooling could be out in the garage learning real life mechanics. SJ and apprentice(s) ?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Love your work Mr F (y)
Tony, it’s all these little details that really add up. I know we’re all looking for jobs to do just now but I don’t need much of an excuse to throw the boiler suit on.

·
Registered
506 Posts
If you ever sell it'll be one hell of a fine example if not, THE best example available. And bagsey for first dibs. ?

·
Registered
9,071 Posts
Ha.....don't know if I should laugh or cry. You have finally confirmed my worst fears.

I am not cut out for RS ownership.

Don't drive it coz its winter then spend a day cleaning nuts no one can see. I just couldn't do it...

Don't get me wrong, I really admire your dedication in keeping it in the best condition possible but it's not for me......it would be like having one of these at home and deciding to have a horlicks instead....

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rackingman, I am a bit enthusiastic, but if I’d one of those at home Horlicks wouldn’t cross my mind ?

·
Premium Member
2,417 Posts
Racks is the best ALWAYS makes me laff......And the car looks stunning Fergus but like Racks I just wanna drive the thing....

Reactions: MrFergus

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The sun was shining today so the RS was out as well. She’ll be road taxed 1st May and that will be her for six months over the summer, taking Sofia’s advice should keep her sweet as well ?....can’t wait. Her MOT will be due late May but I think I get an automatic 6 month extension on that. I’ll give the MOT station a shout to see.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts