Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dear Guys,

As you may know I had a FWD A5 3200 for several years and I really loved the experience. Personally this was the first car that I really enjoyed apart from a few years with a BMW 530D, and I joined this wonderful forum and even made some very gentle mods!!

I sold her and purchased a 2006 S4 Avant just before the COVID lockdowns so I have been able to use her very little indeed, just local trips. Well, last week I finally ventured from Amalfi to the UK and back and I covered almost 6k kms, and blimey WHAT a car and what an experience.

You can read more on my blog here but suffice to say I am now in love with the Quattro system cos it snowed almost all of the journey and the S4 remained totally cool!!!

Reactions: JohnS4

·
Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
325 Posts
Nice writeup Simon. Yup crossings are now even less fun than before. Any reason why you didn't use the train?

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice writeup Simon. Yup crossings are now even less fun than before. Any reason why you didn't use the train?
Tony I must confess that as my first venture since the bloody COVID hit us I did not really feel confident using any public transport. We can currently get Ryan Air flights for 30 Euro return!!! Call me cowardly but I prefer caution to be honest, until things hopefully get better. AND I confess I went to see a LHD Jaguar in London (XKR) but with all this snow I decided to keep the ol' S4!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hahaha sorry mate!!! Well, since I woz a kid the ferry was always the real start of our holidays so I have always loved the ferry!! I have used the tunnel/train but I do not like it at all. I know that it is faster but....

·
Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
325 Posts
I get that. I just prefer the ease, speed and frequency of the train.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I get that Tony mate. BUT I always think that if the nasty guys wanna cause a big scene then a bomb in a car on the Chunnel would be fun......

Reactions: TonyP

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts