Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I have put my money down on the S5. I just hope it doesn't take forever to get it. Ordered July 25th. The dealer said they have the allocation.

09 S5 Ibis White/Magma Red Interior-Tiptronic-Technology-Navigation-Bang Olufsen-Drive Select-Adaptive Cruise-Stainless Steel Texture

Yup pretty much no more options to buy...lol.

I can't wait

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I noticed you opted for the Adaptive Cruise Control. Were you aware of the placement of the sensor near the right fog light? (See pics here.)

Also, where are you located? Please update your profile to reflect your location. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Wow I didn't realize it looked like that. I better make a decision fast. Does the system work well in traffic? Or is it just for the open road?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I've personally never used ACC or been in a car that has it. You might want to ask your question in the above-referenced thread and see if anyone has used ACC on an Audi before.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay after searching google for the ACC found a test of a Q7 with the same system.

I am for sure getting this feature added to my car. I live in the Seattle area traffic and it is some of the worst in the nation. Now I won't dread the commute home so much!!!

If you would like to see the ACC in action here is the link. Its right in the middle of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYBiTUqMgfQ

·
Registered
536 Posts
I was going to order ACC too until I saw where they put they radar camera for it. No offence to anyone that has it, but I feel that it really hurts the look of the car, which is a shame because it's a really nifty feature, plus it's the second gen version which works all the way down to a complete stop, versus the older version which shut down when the car in front of you went below 30 mph. Although if everything goes as planned, I should be getting an Infiniti FX 50S, which will have ACC as well as a bunch of other cool features like 6 cameras around the car to help you park, and something like Audi lane assist, but it goes one step further and actually slightly puts the brakes on the wheels opposite of the lane that you are drifting into in order to saftly bring you back to the correct lane. That car can pretty much drive itself, LOL.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Oh, and I hope you get your car in time. As you can tell from my sig, I will end up waiting 9 months for it, and that's only if everying goes as planned, which it should.

On another note, if you aren't in a big hurry, you may want to have your dealer delay the building of your car for a few months, as Audi is going to be replancint the MMI/NAV system sometime in early to mid '09 build cars. But if you can't wait, or don't care, then there is no reason to delay. Good luck with your order :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.