Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
As per title had a bit of a weird power loss straight after gear changes and it did that from the 2nd to 6th after which i gave her some beans and it didnt occur afterwards...
The weirdest thing is that as soon as i felt lack of power i kinda pushed gas a bit more and it was kinda reacting, but really sluggish. Any clues as to what it could be? 26k on the clock and havent done the transmission oil yet, apart that that just had new tyres yesterday and both of the fronts didnt have new valves so were leaking air, but dont think that would have anything to do with it?
Any leads or suggestions appreciated as usual 馃槈

Premium Member
Mmmmmm wierd, sounds like something software related??? Unlikely to have anything to do either with the tyres or the transmission oil I guess but may be related to the work that was done when the tyres were replaced???

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
The only thing that they have done was swapping fronts to rear and then two new tyres for the front wheels, didnt have enough time to do inspections or washing the car so just left it at that, obviously next morning the fronts were flat so went to fill the up, drivers side was 7psi and passengers 17psi pressure, took them back to 41psi and on my way back on a bit of straight stretch that has happened, no management light or anything came up on dash nor did it happen again so cant really understand wtf :S

Registered
@x3me Did you ever figure this out? I'm experiencing almost exactly the same issue on my 3.0T audi a7. Was yours tuned? Mine is running a stage 1 Apr, has about 90,000km on it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
nope, no clues what that was and i have left it just because it has never re-occured again, not tune to it either. The only thing i can remember was as i was accelerating tried to push the pedal down and there was no increase of power, just sluggish moving forward and changing the gears as almost in limp mode...

Sponsor
Could have had everything to do with new leaking tyres. Sounds like traction control limiting power, though I'm pretty sure you get a blinking dash light when that's happening.

Registered
Could have had everything to do with new leaking tyres. Sounds like traction control limiting power, though I'm pretty sure you get a blinking dash light when that's happening.
That's what I was thinking, although there was no dash light every time it happens. I'll check my tire pressures next. Also I'll see if I can recreate the issue with Tc off, to rule Tc out

Registered
Alright, I figured I'd update the thread for anyone else who's curious.

Turns out for me it was indeed traction control, but for some reason it took a few seconds for the Tc light to flash, which made it hard to detect. Also I m driving my car with ~3psi low tires for the winter, so that could have caused the issue as well.

However this issue does not occur with Tc switched off

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
if i remember my incident correct i had pretty much constant power loss throughout the whole range of gears, but was fine pretty much on the other set of lights...
however never had the same reoccurrence again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts