Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Clearly it is too easy for the spammers to get on here. What is being done about it?
If the spam continues it will destroy the forum

·
Administrator
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Hello all,

Sorry for the delayed response on a reply we have a bit of a backlog.

We have recently made some updates to the spam controls and settings so the approval queues would catch a lot more potential Spammers.

Once those are resolved we will start working again on bugs and new features.

Jeff M

·
Registered
4,477 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,294 Posts
I haven't been on the forum much for a long time, but after a PM message from Fred did come on and deal with a large backlog of spam and post approval requests. As a moderator I don't receive notifications of spam reports, so it's only if I actively log in to the forum that I can actually see them.

Admins, in theory, get paid to look after the forum by the company that owns the site. For moderators it's more of a self-policing role for those with an active interest in the forum's use. It therefore makes sense that active users are part of that group - it was the same scenario when I became a mod as is happening now - car ownership/forum interest in that model tends to be transient so needs to be regularly updated to deal with spam.

At the moment I'm still seeing up to a dozen spam accounts flagged daily before they even get to post.....

Adrian

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
I would say, that both Admins and Moderators should get notifications of spammed messages.

and I would be happy to oblige by reporting spammed messages, as I'm sure many others would.

and may be a few more moderators would help.

·
Registered
133 Posts
If I see spam I always flag/report it. Although not much appeared to be being done about it hence threads like this one popped asking for assistance.

·
Administrator
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
probably :)
you can PM me, if you like.
I’m also happy to help.
I haven't been on the forum much for a long time, but after a PM message from Fred did come on and deal with a large backlog of spam and post approval requests. As a moderator I don't receive notifications of spam reports, so it's only if I actively log in to the forum that I can actually see them.

Admins, in theory, get paid to look after the forum by the company that owns the site. For moderators it's more of a self-policing role for those with an active interest in the forum's use. It therefore makes sense that active users are part of that group - it was the same scenario when I became a mod as is happening now - car ownership/forum interest in that model tends to be transient so needs to be regularly updated to deal with spam.

At the moment I'm still seeing up to a dozen spam accounts flagged daily before they even get to post.....

Adrian
Heya guys,

I will reach out toe @Adrian E to see who else we can add.

Jeff M

61 - 70 of 70 Posts