Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
I've tried to turn all my alerts and notification off but I still sometimes get emails when people reply to threads, is there a way to turn this off?

·
Administrator
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The Primary indicator is the little pin icon. We are always collecting user feedback and using this to build out regular updates and improvements. Your suggestion has been added.
-Philip

·
Administrator
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
a5oc.com,

We have more great updates to share with you this week based on your feedback and the use of your new community platform. Continuous improvements are core to bringing you a reliable and increasingly better site every day. Here are some key things to look out for in this latest release.

Sticky Discussion Threads

Some discussions just need to be read! These are sticky and we heard feedback that sometimes it was hard to tell the difference between the sticky discussion threads and the regular discussions. We have updated the design and layout so now sticky discussions have a pin beside the title and a large grey bar at the bottom. We hope this makes it easier to browse the content and find the information that is most important to you as a community member.

View Counts

There were a few areas of the sites where the view counts were not showing consistently. We have addressed the display issue. We hope this helps you find the most read and popular content more easily.

Recent Searches

Our new search service is a great way to find information on the site. Even better, your site will remember your most recent searches to help you find information more quickly. The search bar is always on the top of the site, whenever you need it!

Performance

More performance improvements! Fast loading pages are just better for everyone and we couldn’t agree more. Please continue to send us your feedback and let us know if you see an improvement, we are constantly working on making the site faster and faster.

Your insights are extremely powerful in helping us to support your community better. Please keep them coming!

Thank you,
Community Support

·
Registered
517 Posts
Thank you for addressing the distinction between stickies and most recent threads.
The thick grey line and even the pin being moved to the left and solid rather than an outline make navigation instant.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I get this. This feeback is on our reports. We are working on adding more function to the site with each of the updates we release. Is it only ever going to the first post in a thread when you click the thread?
-Philip
Hi Philip,

Yes only to the first post, not to the latest within the thread.

Without both these features honestly my use of this form has drastically dropped, I've no interest in navigating every forum and thread to participate. Please keep me posted when the feature is brought back...

Thanks!

·
Administrator
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hi Philip,

Yes only to the first post, not to the latest within the thread.

Without both these features honestly my use of this form has drastically dropped, I've no interest in navigating every forum and thread to participate. Please keep me posted when the feature is brought back...

Thanks!
There are 2 ways you can go to the most recent post in a thread.

If you are already in the thread, click on the "Jump to Latest" button to the right of the title.

If you are browsing via the popular posts or new posts pages, clicking on the title takes you to the last post your read, but if you click on the timestamp instead, it takes you to the last post.

- Cricket

·
Registered
517 Posts
I am afraid to say that I am beginning to agree with Grangey, what used to be a really easy and user friendly forum has, for me, turned into a nightmare to use.
I will persevere but am losing patience fast.

·
Administrator
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I am afraid to say that I am beginning to agree with Grangey, what used to be a really easy and user friendly forum has, for me, turned into a nightmare to use.
I will persevere but am losing patience fast.
Is there anything I can help you find?

- Cricket

·
Administrator
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Dear Members,

You spoke, We listened. Thank you for all your insightful feedback. We have another update for you this week that we are very excited about and hope will increase your enjoyment of the site. Some key things to look out for in this latest release, as we aim to deliver continuous improvements.

Post Numbers

We have added in clear post numbers beside each post to make it easier to follow a large discussion and quote or link to a particular reply. We hope that participating in your community conversations just got easier!

Find All Staff & Members

Whether you are new to the community or a long time member; it is always nice to connect with fellow enthusiasts and staff that share your interests. Click on view all to get more details on your community.

Image Loading Performance

We have made software enhancements to enable the images to load based on your screen resolution and to reduce the need for data usage on a mobile device. Better images that load faster and easier - just for you!

Please continue to send us your feedback and let us know what you think of the changes, we are constantly looking at ways to improve the community experience for you.

Thank you,

Community Support

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
hi,
thanks for all the good work :)

when replying to a topic, you can do a quote of the previous reply.
if you don't want the quote the complete reply, it is possible to select the part that you don't want to quote.
however, the selected portion of the text is not highlighted or in any other way is iet clear what has been selected.

may be this can be addressed in the next update.

·
Administrator
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
It possible to simply remove the part you don't want to be included. In terms of highlighting selected text, it is very light (this has been reported) so you might not be seeing it on your monitor. Have you tried the dark mode?

- Cricket

·
Registered
451 Posts
There are 2 ways you can go to the most recent post in a thread.

If you are already in the thread, click on the "Jump to Latest" button to the right of the title.

View attachment 175704

If you are browsing via the popular posts or new posts pages, clicking on the title takes you to the last post your read, but if you click on the timestamp instead, it takes you to the last post.

- Cricket
Still not the right feature.

As I mentioned before, all forums bar now this one, allows you to jump to "last UNREAD post". Ie I read a thread, lets say it has 1 page and 5 responses. I go offline, and when I return, its on 3 pages and 35 responses. Previously you could view the latest unread post to YOU, so in this example, it would take me to page 1, response 6. Yours takes me to the LAST post in the thread. Still insufficient.

Attached is an example on another forum, this one used to operate the very same way. It's really disappointing such a fundamental feature was overlooked as part of this migration.

Please keep me posted

·
Administrator
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Still not the right feature.

As I mentioned before, all forums bar now this one, allows you to jump to "last UNREAD post". Ie I read a thread, lets say it has 1 page and 5 responses. I go offline, and when I return, its on 3 pages and 35 responses. Previously you could view the latest unread post to YOU, so in this example, it would take me to page 1, response 6. Yours takes me to the LAST post in the thread. Still insufficient.

Attached is an example on another forum, this one used to operate the very same way. It's really disappointing such a fundamental feature was overlooked as part of this migration. View attachment 175743

Please keep me posted
If you are using the "new posts" to access a thread, it should automatically take you to the last post you read by clicking on the title. That being said, it is currently cookie based (they are working on making it account based) so if you clear your cookies, or use more than one device to access the site, it may not always work for you.

How To Find New Posts & Use Filters
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on the popular button.

This will open a new page where you can click to choose “new posts”.

You can also choose to set special filters or mark all posts read on that same page.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
How To Multi-Quote

Step 1
: Click the multi-quote icon at the bottom of each post that you want to quote.

Step 2: Scroll down to the text editor where you are going to write your post. Click "Insert Quotes".

Step 3: A small window will pop up for you to verify (or delete) quoted content that will be added to your post. Click "Quote messages".

Final Step: The quoted content will automatically be added to the text editor. Add your comments and click to post your reply.

Added Notes: You can multi-quote from more than one discussion thread in the forum. You can also simply highlight the part of the text you want to quote. A small popup will allow you to choose the multi-quote option using just the selected content.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
We have been in contact with the Tapatalk support team. Tapatalk has confirmed this is an issue on their side and it will be addressed in a future release of the app. Once Tapatalk has released a fix, this issue should be resolved by updating the app to the most current version. We don’t have an ETA for the new release.

Have you tried accessing the site from your mobile browser yet? The site is responsive, so it will adjust automatically for you from any device. Check it out and let me know what you think!

- Cricket

·
Sponsor
2,384 Posts
A responsive website will never outperform a native app

Though I'd love it if you got the full forum listing on the homepage, instead of having to hit a link to see all the categories. The way it is currently features vendors less, and makes the forum as a whole seem a lot smaller than it really is.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi Admin.
Is anything being done to stop the spam posts on the forum? I’m reporting these on a very regular basis. There have been numerous posts in the last 24 hours.
Is report and delete the only option we have?

21 - 40 of 70 Posts