Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Administrator
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dear Community Members,

We are excited to announce that we are live on our new forum platform! We have been working hard over the past few months with a leading design and product firm to deliver a cleaner, faster and more engaging experience for you. We have leveraged XenForo tools and features but added layers of modern design and technology to make the site run faster, smoother and more reliably. All of the valuable content within the community is still here, even though the layout may look different.

A consistent experience across all devices
The site is optimized for all screen sizes, including mobile. All features are available and ready to use on all devices.

Speed and reliability are key
No one should have to wait for information. This site has been built to be much faster and more reliable, period.

Easy to use and navigate.
We have made the design clean and simple to focus on the areas the community uses the most and removed clutter.

We have also introduced a number of new and updated features:

New Homepage Experience.
Your home page now features the most active forums, trending discussions, featured showcases, and top contributing members. This will help keep you up to date on what’s happening in your community and eventually become a very personalized experience for our members with all the great content you love surfaced effortlessly for you.

Search.
We have introduced new search algorithms, powered by an industry-leading AI platform, that will help you find information faster. We plan to roll out new features to continue improving search, and to power many additional areas of the forum.
Due to the volume of content our search platform may take some time to complete indexing. During this process, you may see a limited number of posts until indexing has been completed. We appreciate your patience.

Popular and New Posts

We have made it easy to navigate directly to the Popular (previously Active Topics) Posts. You can find the Popular section, which includes “New Posts”, by clicking on the trending up arrow in the navigation. Always be up to date!

Bookmarks
Now you can bookmark your favorite discussions! Bookmarks are a handy way to remember and easily find great content or stuff you want to read later.

Following
Following a thread is great for something you want to stay up-to-date on, and receive alerts or emails when there are new replies. Thread subscriptions, and watched threads are now called “Followed”. Your followed threads can be accessed by clicking on your user avatar, and clicking “Following”. We have migrated all of your existing subscriptions into the new platform.

Show off your own collection.
We have introduced “My Showcase” for you to show-off images of your own vehicles, modifications, or road trips to the rest of the community, and we have migrated in the existing data from our vBulletin Garages. This is your opportunity to upload often and share your passion! Visit Showcase.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/kJez7_baVUCyf6N6y_lb3FM7QTUELc_ocoNe00c_GhIKqjuG3GIO_N_lUiSldJfnGaRdlQinT3k6QuC9QMxr9AYMbC5e8w4N0jzUaRZZ7SuT09X30z-zyLnKF4cgKL5msl_8erpF

Dark Mode

We have introduced Dark Mode. One of our favorite features allows you to access the site with a power-saving, and easier on the eyes dark mode. You can access it through the right-hand drop-down menu.

We also wanted to make it easier for new users to understand the lingo of forums. We have cleaned up various language to more commonly recognized phrases including:

Forum Listing – the forum index, or forum home, is now known as the Forum Listing page. It can be found in the drop-down menu with the 3 dots.

Following - Thread subscriptions, and Watched are now known as Following

Conversations – Private Messages or PMs are now conversations and can be accessed from the user avatar drop-down in the main navigation

Showcase – Showcase is designed for users to "showcase" items/projects through the use of uploaded images, text descriptions and custom content categories. It’s a way to visually and textually provide detailed information on content you wish to share. Showcase would be similar to a catalog, whereas gallery would be like a photo album. Can be accessed from the drop-down menu with the 3 dots

Popular – is the new name for Active Topics. You can also directly navigate to New Posts / Today’s Posts from this button

Account Settings – is the new name for UserCP. The account settings can be found by clicking on your avatar in the top right navigation
Bookmarks – a great place to store valuable content that you may want to reference later.

These are just a few of the great new functions and features to try on the site. Take a tour and look around! If you have any questions, please check out the HELP section for some quick FAQs about the new platform, Help Section

Please let us know what you think about the new experience, your feedback is important to us.

Thank you all for your support during this amazing journey!

~ Community Support

·
Sponsor
2,384 Posts
Spotted a couple of issuss, some big some small!

Looks like imgs not coming through right in Tapatalk

And clicking View full forum listing takes you to a broken cached page by the looks of it!

What is working is miles better than the old though!

·
Administrator
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spotted a couple of issuss, some big some small!

Looks like imgs not coming through right in Tapatalk

And clicking View full forum listing takes you to a broken cached page by the looks of it!

What is working is miles better than the old though!
Glad you like it,

Looking into the formatting issues now.

Are both the layout issues in TapaTalk?

Jeff M

·
Administrator
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dear Community Members,

In an effort to bring you consistent improvements to your community experience, you will receive update notices from us frequently. These updates are based on continuously supporting the technology that powers your community as well as introducing new and improved features based on your feedback. We have released another platform update today and here are some key things to look out for:

Following

Following a thread is a great way to stay up-to-date on the topic, and receive alerts or emails when there are new replies. Thread subscriptions and watched threads are now called “Followed”. Threads are referred to as “Discussions”. Your followed content can be accessed by clicking on your user avatar, and clicking “Following”. We have improved the performance and added view counts to your followed discussions to better organize your favorites.

Looking for the latest posts in the most popular discussions? These are easy to find using the quick link at the top of the page to head over to popular discussions. There is a tab that lists new posts specifically so you can stay on top of “what’s new”.

Dark Mode

We have heard great feedback about our new dark mode. As one of our favorite features, dark mode allows you to access the site with a power-saving and easier on the eyes layout. You can access it through the right-hand drop-down menu. We are continuously improving the readability in this low light state. Let us know what you think!

Performance

We are constantly testing new ways to improve our performance and the speed of the site. Your feedback and experiences help us to diagnose any issues and deliver improvements. We have added to our infrastructure recently to provide more horsepower and there are continued improvements to page performance coming in the next couple of weeks. Please continue to send us your feedback. Your insights are extremely powerful in helping us to support your community better.

Thank you,
Community Support

·
Registered
451 Posts
Really like the updated look and feel of the site. One crucial missing piece of functionality though seems to be the inability to jump to the latest unread post WITHIN a thread.

If theres a multi page thread, I'm only interested in what I didnt read from last time. With the new site I cant seem to see any evidence this exsists, and suggests you start on page 1 of every thread thats popular/new.

I'm not interested in either, I'm interested in whats new since I was last online, which includes new threads, and new posts within threads, with the ability to clearly navigate through either... please address! Thanks

·
Administrator
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really like the updated look and feel of the site. One crucial missing piece of functionality though seems to be the inability to jump to the latest unread post WITHIN a thread.

If theres a multi page thread, I'm only interested in what I didnt read from last time. With the new site I cant seem to see any evidence this exsists, and suggests you start on page 1 of every thread thats popular/new.

I'm not interested in either, I'm interested in whats new since I was last online, which includes new threads, and new posts within threads, with the ability to clearly navigate through either... please address! Thanks
Let me know if this helps you at all.

How do I find new posts?
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on the trending button.

This will open a new page where you can click to choose “new posts”.

You can also choose to “mark forums read” on that same page.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Like most of us, I am a creature of habit, so it takes me a bit to get used to changes. (The truth is, I was a little bit grumpy at first.) I was lucky enough to get the chance to play with the new platform before they went live with it so I am already getting used to it. I have to admit that I am crazy about it now. It feels so much faster and is easy to use after a brief learning curve.

I wanted to take a moment to assure you that we are listening to all the feedback and forwarding it to our teams for possible improvements in future updates. If you have any questions or just need directions, please let me know so that I can help you. :)

Please don't be afraid to test out things to see how they display on the site.

Images look beautiful. (I took this one in downtown San Antonio.)

You can easily share videos just by adding the share URL and they display really nice.

Gif links from sites like giphy.com will display just by adding the gif URL.

I am also a huge fan of being able to bookmark a thread to have easy access to come back to it later. What features have you found that you like so far?

- Cricket

·
Sponsor
2,384 Posts
Like most of us, I am a creature of habit, so it takes me a bit to get used to changes. (The truth is, I was a little bit grumpy at first.) I was lucky enough to get the chance to play with the new platform before they went live with it so I am already getting used to it. I have to admit that I am crazy about it now. It feels so much faster and is easy to use after a brief learning curve.

I wanted to take a moment to assure you that we are listening to all the feedback and forwarding it to our teams for possible improvements in future updates. If you have any questions or just need directions, please let me know so that I can help you. :)

Please don't be afraid to test out things to see how they display on the site.

Images look beautiful. (I took this one in downtown San Antonio.)
View attachment 175639
You can easily share videos just by adding the share URL and they display really nice.

Gif links from sites like giphy.com will display just by adding the gif URL.

I am also a huge fan of being able to bookmark a thread to have easy access to come back to it later. What features have you found that you like so far?

- Cricket
Oops

·
Registered
255 Posts
Let me know if this helps you at all.

How do I find new posts?
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on the trending button.

This will open a new page where you can click to choose “new posts”.

You can also choose to “mark forums read” on that same page.

- Cricket
I don't think that's what the poster was talking about - on some forums I use, you can either click to go to the start of the thread, or go to the first unread post - on long threads this is useful as you go back to where you left off rather than having to click through or work back the way.

·
Administrator
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I get this. This feeback is on our reports. We are working on adding more function to the site with each of the updates we release. Is it only ever going to the first post in a thread when you click the thread?
-Philip

·
Administrator
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Can you tell me how you added the link? I just copy pasted it directly into the content.

Step 1. I chose the GIF that I wanted to post.

Step 2. I clicked the "Copy Link" button.

Step 3. I chose the "GIF Link" option.

Step 4. I pasted the link directly into the content.

Is that the same steps you took?

- Cricket

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
when selecting Popular you have on the right-hand side of the screen now info like:
Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum
Community Staff
Top Contributors this month
Popular Communities

this information may very well be interesting, but it is taking a lot of space there.

when selecting a topic, the right-hand side of the screen is basically blank.
that space might be used for widening the text shown in the message of the topic.
doing so, would give us less scrolling.

·
Registered
517 Posts
We are listening to all the feedback and passing it on to the team for possible future updates.

- Cricket
I am not sure how other forum members feel about this but to me (a confirmed grumpy old sod) it is really annoying,
why is there no longer a distinct break/line between the stickies and most recent posts ?

·
Administrator
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am not sure how other forum members feel about this but to me (a confirmed grumpy old sod) it is really annoying,
why is there no longer a distinct break/line between the stickies and most recent posts ?
Are you using the light or dark skin?
-Philip

·
Registered
517 Posts
Are you using the light or dark skin?
-Philip
If by skin you mean light or dark mode ? I was originally in light mode.
I have just switched to dark mode and still don't see a clear break between stickies and new threads.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts