Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I have water damage in rear fuse area , this has damaged some cables as I'm having intermittent drops in voltage to electronic parking brake, drivers door panel electrics and central locking. The water has been getting soaked up by the harness covering which I think has corroded some wires or connectors leading to fuses and relays. I've only been getting around 3volts to all fuses in the rear fuse box all fuses good and around 4 in relay connections. After fiddling about with cable harness there the fuses in row 1 jumped up to correct voltage 12.4 when ignition off and over 14 when ignition switched on.
The main problem is the low voltage is affecting the epb , the 1st fuse for epb in fuse row 1 is getting 12v the second in 2nd row of fuses only getting 3 so my parking brake is locked on. The third and forth rows also only getting 3-4 volts. I don't have vcds to switch off the epb. Anyone know how to remove the fuse strips from the plastic holder ? Think some of the power cables are water damaged anyone had to do the same , looking for inspiration.
Thanks in advance Pete

1 - 1 of 1 Posts