Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've seen various posts on this but thought I'd ask the question again to see if there is a definative list of troubleshooting to be done before I bite the bullet and take it to my local dealer.

After heavy rain (either driving or standing) the rear voids holding the B&O on the nearside and fuses etc on the right get quite a bit of water in therm. This has happened twice in the last year.

I don't think its the rubber flaps on both sides. I've had microfibre cloths in them since it first happened and definately was that since I found bits of gravel holding them open.

From the reading I've done so far I'm guessing its a blocked moon roof drain? Where does this drain terminate and how can I get to it?

At it's worst I also had a good bit of water in the wheel well but I tihnk this was coming from the 2 bungs closest to the bumper that had partially failed, now re sealed and seem fine.

So far I've checked.

1) Rubber bungs at top of boot lid which were loose. - now tight
2) Moon roof drain holes - dirty, now cleaned
3) Rubber vent modules on both sides - were full of gravel, now clean and sealed with cloths stopping anything getting in
4) All seals and bungs in the wheel well - appear sealed and clean
5) Fuel drain - cleaned and working

I've poured buckets of water over the car with no noticable water flow into either side. Next step is the jet wash with the kids holding it....

So. Any ideas? If anyone can tell me how to check the drain holes, whats involved I'd be really grateful.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Mr Fergus,

So the leak is fixed and my car is bone dry thanks to the boys at Swift Motor engineering in Newcastle and £600 of my hard earned.They also had it for 8 days in total and performed several water tests.
The result was a initially a seal around the vents in the boot voids that hold the ami and fuses. This didn’t work but was an identified issue. So it went back in for a week and they replaced the boot seal and that sorted it.
So that’s me happy and not worried about having to replace without doubt the best car I’ve ever owned.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also.

If you use your RS5 as a daily driver like me and have kids ask them nicely not to slam the boot when they take their bags out. Pretty certain my two urchins compounded this issue in this way ?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Jako,
Glad to hear it’s all fixed. My RS is just a fair weather enjoyment car and luckily my kids are grown but I know exactly what you mean about closing the boot lid, mine still do the same with the house door!
I take it you really do enjoy the RS by what you say and I want to be fully aware of potential RS issues and resolutions as I intend my one to be a long term keeper.

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Also.

If you use your RS5 as a daily driver like me and have kids ask them nicely not to slam the boot when they take their bags out. Pretty certain my two urchins compounded this issue in this way ?
You have 2 urchins I have 2 hooligans hehehehehehe. Goodness mine are now 26 and 23 .......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts