Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way of reducing the pressure of the windscreen and headlight washers?!

The windscreen ones throw water on the top, the tail, the sides, the windows and the rear mirrors of the car (even if recalibrating them would mean water flying everywhere due to the pressure)

The headlight washers are even worse, making a mess out of the whole of my hood

Basically, when the car is newly washed, I do not use the washers because I do not want to mess it up! & at night I turn off the lights to use the windscreen washers so that the headlight ones do not engage! This is getting too frustrating

·
Registered
185 Posts
It would be nice if they were speed sensitive, I understand that having high pressure is usefull if you are driving over 80mph, but less so when stationary!

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
if they werent high pressure the nozzel infront of the lights wouldnt raise up nor would it clean the lights very well

·
Registered
372 Posts
Would definitely be useful to have a different spread/less powerful jet for those times when you have to use the washers with the roof down:yikes:

·
Registered
64 Posts
As far as I remember, the headlight washers come up every 5th time you use the stick.... So you shouldn't be seeing them that often.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm equally annoyed by this. I asked my dealer if there is some way to stop the headlamp washer's from soaking my hood but there is nothing they can do.

I did read somewhere that the washer's make less of a mess if you engage them at road speed rather than stand-still.

Although I haven't tried the head lamp ones to see if it helps but it does help a bit with the windshield washers.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is true that they come up every fifth time, but I usually lose counting and it occurred too many times after leaving the car wash or the next day! :wall:

I generally wonder what people think at traffic lights when I turn off the headlights to spray my windshield :p

Anyways, I really hope it can be canceled once I get a VAG-COM, haven't searched it yet

·
Registered
871 Posts
I seem to remember that the pressure was less on my A4 cab with the roof down, so maybe it is programmable

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
It is true that they come up every fifth time, but I usually lose counting and it occurred too many times after leaving the car wash or the next day! :wall:

I generally wonder what people think at traffic lights when I turn off the headlights to spray my windshield :p

Anyways, I really hope it can be canceled once I get a VAG-COM, haven't searched it yet
This function also re-sets, so even if you only use them twice while driving the car then switch off, the next screen wash will also operate the headlight washers. The five times refers to "during one drive" so if you stop a lot and then wash when you re-start, you could end up getting a headlight wash every time.:yikes:

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
This function also re-sets, so even if you only use them twice while driving the car then switch off, the next screen wash will also operate the headlight washers. The five times refers to "during one drive" so if you stop a lot and then wash when you re-start, you could end up getting a headlight wash every time.:yikes:
...and an empty washer bottle

I think it stops the headlight wash if the washer fluid level is low as a safety measure (more important to keep the screen clean) - so if you dont want headlamp wash, keep the washer fluid to a minimum
and probably suffer the yellow warning light as a consequence - oh well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts