Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't hear of a single thing happening yesterday regarding allocations, and that's on four different audi forums. And of course no call from my dealer...

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......

·
Registered
483 Posts
me neither... i went to many forums too and of course no call from dealer :(

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Called my dealer. Nuthin! Maybe next week?

grr

·
Registered
483 Posts
3/3 must be just a date that the dealers made up to fob ppl off when they call and ask about allocations .... :(

grrrrrrrrrr

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm pissed, but I'm not sinking to the level of cancellation. No frickin way am I gettin a BMW.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
536 Posts
I'm pissed, but I'm not sinking to the level of cancellation. No frickin way am I gettin a BMW.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am getting too tired of this BS... I am pretty sure I will get an M3 if this continues any longer. I ordered my car Jan 10th, and the dealer says he has no idea when the car will come in, but to expect it to arrive on "the first week of July or later." UGH!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Out of interest, are waiting lists something you are not used to in America?

Over here, if a car is in high demand you expect a waiting list. It's a pain waiting but it does well for the residuals.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I only waited 3 days for mine. Saw it for the first time at the dealers on 25/02wife test drove it on 27/2 collected on 08 plate on 01/03

happy days!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I am getting too tired of this BS... I am pretty sure I will get an M3 if this continues any longer. I ordered my car Jan 10th, and the dealer says he has no idea when the car will come in, but to expect it to arrive on "the first week of July or later." UGH!
boo hoo hoo
ordered end of november, no word.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Out of interest, are waiting lists something you are not used to in America?

Over here, if a car is in high demand you expect a waiting list. It's a pain waiting but it does well for the residuals.
We're are an instant gratification society. By the time I get my car I won't even want it anymore. Since the time I have ordered it Lexus, BMW and Mercedes released similarily priced cars w/ performance that rapes the S5.

The other issue is the silence from audi. They have made no effort to keep their customers informed. I cannot help but to feel lied to and taken advantage of.

I can see waiting for an exotic but not for an entry level sports coupe...

M3CS...kiss my *ss.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I did hear from my dealer yesterday regarding the March allocations - he said that they had no news, that they expect to hear something around the 15th - 20th of the month, and that perhaps I should consider switching my order to the A5 S-line. He also said that they had two deliveries so far for cars that were ordered in August, none since, and there are 6 people ahead of me in line, which he says is "not bad." Let's see - I ordered my car in December, so at this rate I can expect my car to be delivered some time in 2010.

This is for a 6 speed ordered from Continental Audi in Naperville, IL. Seems most S5's that are coming to the US are destined to NY or CA.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The only reason for me to Cancel my S5 order would be a Porsche 911 GT3RS
but as that is way outside my pricerange it won't happen. I DO NOT WANT A BMW.:rolleyes:

Tonny

·
Registered
41 Posts
I did hear from my dealer yesterday regarding the March allocations - he said that they had no news, that they expect to hear something around the 15th - 20th of the month, and that perhaps I should consider switching my order to the A5 S-line. He also said that they had two deliveries so far for cars that were ordered in August, none since, and there are 6 people ahead of me in line, which he says is "not bad." Let's see - I ordered my car in December, so at this rate I can expect my car to be delivered some time in 2010.

This is for a 6 speed ordered from Continental Audi in Naperville, IL. Seems most S5's that are coming to the US are destined to NY or CA.
What did you order?

I have a BB w/ pearl silver, B&O on order from Napeton Autowerks in Rockford.

I'm on the fence and leaning towards jumping off. The dealer had a no refund clause so I will need to sell my spot for the $1000 I put down. I plan on waiting until I have a production date and then offering it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I too had read that there were going to be allocations given out on 3/3 for the US. But, verified through the dealer, that none were given on 3/3 to any dealer in the US (at least for S5s.)

The dealer did note that he had 2 more A5s coming soon that were'nt spoken for. Seems like the A5s might be flowing a bit faster than the S5s? Might be my imagination, but that makes at least 3 A5s that didn't have buyers at my dealer in the last few weeks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I know that my dealership in B'klyn is not expecting any new unaccounted for S5's, i.e., all S5's from now 'til September, are solely for those that have pre-ordered. I know the S5's and A5's are selling like hotcakes - there is just not enough supply on-hand to appease the high demand of these puppies!!!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi all. I'm a newbie waiting for my Quartz Grey. My delivery date was 6-19 last Friday and after checking today it moved up to 5-9. Dealer said he expected that to move up a week or to once it was built. Hoping for a mid April road trip. Mine was a car the dealer ordered 7/2007 that hadn't been allocated.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts