Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having recently moved to the good old US of A I had my heart set on an S5 and was absolutely gutted when I found out I had at least a 6 month wait to get one. But after a certain amount of perserverence and no small amount of harasment of the Audi dealers (both local and in other cities) I found one. It was slightly more specced than I required, like the adaptive headlights (roads in Houston tend to go in straight lines forever), it was either pay a few more K or do the wait. It became a no brainer. So here it is and pick up is tomorrow. Phantom black and shiny. Even got the dealer to throw in the Huber Optik tint. Yeeee Haaawwwww

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Nice work fubaha! Glad to see another Texas on the forum! Congrats on the car and bypassing the long wait!:D

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
My cars American Cousin, very nice fubaha....;)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the club! As Phantom mentioned, it's nice to see another Texan on here. :)

·
Registered
493 Posts
Beautiful Car...

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I do love the Magma red, had it on ex Phantom TT and loved it, not an option on my car in UK. Silver is nice though.

·
Registered
491 Posts
congrats buddy! beautiful car. if you dont mind em asking, where did you move here from?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was on Aussie living in Aberdeen, Scotland. Find the weather here more in keeping with my Austrlian needs!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BKS5,

I think the car you have on order is exatly what I will be picking up tomorrow. I'll let you know how it drives.

·
Registered
491 Posts
BKS5,

I think the car you have on order is exatly what I will be picking up tomorrow. I'll let you know how it drives.
lol yep, except i got tiptronic. did you get drive select?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Great, another Texan...just what the site needed :D (I'm a TX resident also) Congrats on your S5, I love the contrasting interior/exterior color.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well picked it up and WOW, WOW farkin WOW. What a car. And dead sexy. Only the second day but loving it immensely. FInd myself turning the radio off just to listen the rumble of the engine. It's brilliant. Last night went to a watering hole and and parked next another S5, meteor grey. Got a photo on the phone.
The other one had folding mirrors. Not sure if thats an option, or previous model thing?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
The other one had folding mirrors. Not sure if thats an option, or previous model thing?
The electronic folding mirrors are no longer available on US spec 2009 models (although folks in the UK can still get that feature). 2008 US spec cars had that feature available, but no one seems to know why Audi removed it for 2009.

Glad to hear that the car has met (if not exceeded) your expectations. :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well picked it up and WOW, WOW farkin WOW. What a car. And dead sexy. Only the second day but loving it immensely. FInd myself turning the radio off just to listen the rumble of the engine. It's brilliant. Last night went to a watering hole and and parked next another S5, meteor grey. Got a photo on the phone.
Car looks awesome fubaha. Congrats. It looks like the Grey S5 you parked next to was trying to take up 2 spots and that white van squeezed next to him:eek: I don't park next to anyone if I can help it. Most of the time I park so far away from where i'm going I need to take a shuttlebus back.:D

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Meteor Grey S5 needs some parking lessons.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts