Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just spent 3 hours washing and waxing my car, was it worth it. I don't want to bring it to a carwash because I know it's not to good for the paint. So let me know how I did. Thank you and by the way, I use p21s wax and soap for the car, HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Looks very nice! And the results/pride always make it worth it. How did you black your window trim?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks very nice! And the results/pride always make it worth it. How did you black your window trim?
Thank you. And I used blackout trim from Bmwshadowline.com. It works good, and makes a big difference in looks instead of the stupid chrome.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Looks good. Clean mine is on my, to do list for this afternoon or this weekend. We are going through a dry spell at the moment, and the grasses are dumping their seeds. My car is covered in a combination of dust, seeds and deceased insects. :(

·
Registered
237 Posts
Thank you. And I used blackout trim from Bmwshadowline.com. It works good, and makes a big difference in looks instead of the stupid chrome.
Did you do the shadowline yourself or did you get someone to do it? Was/is it hard to do?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you do the shadowline yourself or did you get someone to do it? Was/is it hard to do?
I did it myself, and it wasnt to hard to do. It took me a good 2 hours because first you have to carefully put the tape on the trim, avoiding bubbles or lines (but if you get a line or bubble, you just peel it off and do it again, then you blow dry it and push down on the tape so it stays good. To do it around the car takes about 2 hours.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Looks damn good, nice job. Agree that trim blackout is nice

·
Registered
18 Posts
Same question on the Shadowline about applying it yourself. I was looking at the rear side window today and it looks like it would be easy to screw it up. It's only $20 for the tape and I wouldn't mind paying someone a few bucks ($50 maybe) to make sure it is put on perfectly. I am sure the window tint guys could take care of it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Same question on the Shadowline about applying it yourself. I was looking at the rear side window today and it looks like it would be easy to screw it up. It's only $20 for the tape and I wouldn't mind paying someone a few bucks ($50 maybe) to make sure it is put on perfectly. I am sure the window tint guys could take care of it.

Yea, If you don't mind paying an extra $50, that would be a good idea, but no matter what, still get the tape. It makes a big difference in look. And if you take your time, you wont screw up badly. There might be one scratch or bubble, but only noticeable if you go up really close.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Looks good. Clean mine is on my, to do list for this afternoon or this weekend. We are going through a dry spell at the moment, and the grasses are dumping their seeds. My car is covered in a combination of dust, seeds and deceased insects. :(
Jesus,you ain't kidding,I washed mine last Saturday and didn't drive it all week and it needed washing and drying again last night. Looks like a load of orange coloured pollen all over it.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Jesus,you ain't kidding,I washed mine last Saturday and didn't drive it all week and it needed washing and drying again last night. Looks like a load of orange coloured pollen all over it.
Did mine last night. Went out this morning to check the tyres (pressures, wear, damage etc) and its already covered in a green dust and the roof had seeds on it again! :wall: Took the vacuum cleaner to the roof, the paint will have to wait.

Looking at the tyres it looks like my next job is to rotate the wheels (which is always fun).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts