Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have the B&O music system and having problems with the quality of the system. First the passenger side speaker is dead, the Audi dealer has replaced it once, its due in tomorrow for the dealer to try and fix it again. The subwoofer on the front dashboard (centre speaker) rattles when certain tones are played, this has been replace once and still the same problem exists.

Overall, I'm dissappointed with the system. The rear subwoofer (?) never seems to work, is this another problem? Is anyone happy with their B&O music system? I've read some threads about upgrading the firmware, does this help the quality?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I am happy with my B&O sound system. I have never had any problems so far.
Everything is good.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm sorry to hear of your troubles.

Did you have your windows tinted by chance? Water from applying the tinting film can run down into electronics like amplifiers and onto speakers like the subwoofer and center speaker.

·
Registered
27 Posts
It's a shame you're having such problems - I hope your dealer gets it fixed for you.

When on good form the B&O system is pretty amazing - good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I have another question...

I have a A5 courtesy car, standard music system. In the music setup menu it has a subwoofer option, I don't recall seeing this in my menu, anyone know if its specific to the standard music system?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I have a A5 courtesy car, standard music system. In the music setup menu it has a subwoofer option, I don't recall seeing this in my menu, anyone know if its specific to the standard music system?
Unfortunately, the B&O system doesn't provide a separate subwoofer adjustment. :( You only get that with the standard Audi sound system. (info)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the B&O system in my A5 and think its good, but it doesn't amaze me. I think its borderline at $850. However, its certainly way better than the stock system which was in the car that I test drove. I thought the stock system was very poor - not as good as the "Monsoon" system in the 2004 Passat that I was driving at the time - and really not acceptable in a $40,000+ car.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Sorry you are having problems. B&O in my new car is one of the best Sound systema I have ever heard IMHO. Even better than the Mordaunt-Short I have at home!

TT
RG

·
Registered
750 Posts
There are also a lot of posts related to the "rattling" sound you mentioned. A lot of the time it has been found to be a speaker cable rattling, easily remedied by a wrap of foam tape.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, but I can say for mine...I was playing it a rock-concert-level today with TX, and it sounds superb. Good luck with the dealer, I hope you can get it sorted out, so you can enjoy the sound system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts