Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...Does anyone have any idea how often new audis are shipped over from Germany to the UK? Is it like once a month or once a week etc?
My car was scheduled for build in wk 25 which was w/c 16th June. I am still waiting for the dealer to confirm its been shipped and confirm when I can collect it and I am going crazy waiting for that call!!!
can anyone shed any light on this as my dealer can't!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
My new baby was scheduled to be conceived week 22 and arrived home last Wednesday if that's any help.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hey Jaggy

My S5 was completed week 24 and still has not shipped. Again my dealer says that they have no way of knowing when it is going to move and also they have no influence of speeding this process up. But they have also informed me that it could be shipped and on route to them but still showing held for shipping on the system.

Seems to me its very hit and miss which is quite remarkable given the size of Audi and also I dont believe f*ck all my dealer tells me anyway. Im off down to see them today to see if there is any more news.

Im the same waiting for that call its annoying that the car is built and cannot get hands on it :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mine was scheduled build week 24 and i've heard nothing either.. :-( Maybe on the same boat Pink.. ? (mines going to Lincoln Audi so only up the road)...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Well it is still awaiting shipping so can do nothing more other than wait for the ship. Sales guy reckons that they will wait for a full load then sail but he cannot put a date to this but I have a confirmed delivery date of week commence the 7th July so looks like it will be next week I guess (hope):D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have just got off the phone to the dealer and the car is still at "await ship" status. They said that they would expect the car to arrive in 1 and half wks time (not sure how they came up with this timescale...) so I should (fingers crossed) be able to pick it up on the 12th July.

Redshed and PP - I reckon our cars will all come over at the same time. Can't wait.....this is agony!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Have just got off the phone to the dealer and the car is still at "await ship" status. They said that they would expect the car to arrive in 1 and half wks time (not sure how they came up with this timescale...) so I should (fingers crossed) be able to pick it up on the 12th July.

Redshed and PP - I reckon our cars will all come over at the same time. Can't wait.....this is agony!!

Well mine has been promised for next week. Man is he in trouble if they f*ck this up again. Car has been sat nearly 2 weeks waiting for the ship (or are they on strike now :eek:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
My S5 was also scheduled for week 25 but I believe it got built a week later (w/c 23 June). According to the dealer yesterday it was showing as awaiting shipment, same as you guys. It really does sound like we're all on the same boat if Pink Panther's has been waiting for shipment for so long.

Please do update this thread as soon as any of you hear the boat has arrived. Audi haven't been very good at updating me and I usually have to chase for news.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Very BAD News

Well car has now gone back 8 weeks due to a f*cking hail storm last week in Germany and AUdi are putting over 3000 cars back through Q.C according to the dickheads at my local Audi branch.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Do not be too downhearted PP. It not Audis fault for the hailstones, but I do agree that the dealerships are not well informed and could learn a lot about customer relationship and communication. Maybe they have too easier life selling such desirable cars. Audi used to ring up customers to see what they thought about the dealerships but I have not had a call for a couple of years. i wonder if others have. It would be good for customers (and indeed potential customers) to be able to vent their spleen appropriately (I've always wanted to use that expression in a post!)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I agree that the dealerships are not very well informed but they should also take the initiative and phone Germany to find out what the hell is going on because they must know that their customers are going to come on the phone and go apesh!t at them. If that were me I would want to be right on the ball and not give my customer a chance to catch me on the back foot.

I have been the one making contact with my dealer throughout this process because I like to know exactly what is happening (I'm a bit OCD/control freak that way). But if I have to make another phone call to find out delivery on my car has been delayed I will seriously go f*cking mental at them. Not least because I gave the Glasgow dealership the middle finger and went to Edinburgh (yes, I know they are the same group). OMG, I am so in the mood for a fight right now...

In the words of Glasgow Airport hero John 'McClaine' Smeaton - Remember, this is Glasgow and we'll set about ye!!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
In the words of Glasgow Airport hero John 'McClaine' Smeaton - Remember, this is Glasgow and we'll set about ye!!!
Lol I thought it was Glasgee? Or is that my bad Scottish pronouceation?

Ive been the same since the beginning of April Jaggy, I have had to call everytime to see where the car is and I even called last night to check that we all ok for delivery next week as promised. Ok they returned my call this morning but begs the question when where they going to ring me to tell me is was not going to happen next week??. Im the same also jaggy bit control freak. I run my own business and get results so can be a tad demanding of suppliers but then I expect that from the money I spend.

Stay on their backs and go in the showroom and talk loudly about dissapointment etc their faces alone is worth that :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hehe, it's actually Glesga!!

PP, I've been reading about the tough time you've been having with your S5 mate, it really sucks. And waiting for you to call them before dropping that bombshell is really low.

I may just wait for a really pleasant Saturday afternoon to drop in on the dealer and hopefully they will be nice and busy when I go in to give them what for in a voice a couple of decibels louder than my regular speaking volume. :p

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thought I would go ahead and cross-post an update in this thread as well.

Seems the dealer has managed to dodge the force of my wrath (on this occassion) as my car is not one of the unlucky ones to be affected by the hailstorm and we are on track for the car to be delivered sometime this week (w/c 7th July) and I should be able to pick it up a week today/tomorrow.

Once again, really feel for those whose delivery has been put back as a result of this hailstorm, really rotten to be so near and yet so far....

·
Registered
165 Posts
Nice one JJ glad your motor on its way shame the dealer avoided your wrath.. I too will possibly be picking up a S5 next week but its not the one I ordered. I decided tha tI cannot and will not wait another 8 weeks so have got ex demo. New thread started in main forum to show specs. Much better specced car and only 6 months old.

Still my old dealer now has a S5 that he has to shift.. oh dear I will lose quite a bit of sleep worrying about whether he has managed to sell it or not :D :D.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice one PP, takes a lot to walk away from something you've had your heart set on for such a long time. Notice you also walked away from that dealer as well. Double whammy!!!

I'm sure you will forget the pain once you pick up your S5, the same way women go on about forgetting the pain of childbirth when the screaming wain shows its face :p

Just wish it was a fully loaded S5 I was picking up!!! Oh well, I'll just have to settle for the 1.8 ;)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Cheers JJ keep us posted on your motors arrival matey. On the past three days I have dealt with them, Carlisle Audi appear to be good bunch of chaps if you do use them be sure to mention me (Kev) and Ianhp1. I will also be buying the A3 from them for one of my directors as I feel that I am going to get a decent service up there.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Jesus Christ, it's still not arrived in the UK!! I'm told it's "on the ship" and should arrive tomorrow/Sat but that means I probably won't be able to pick it up this weekend and I'll have to wait till next weekend to collect it :(

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.