Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been waiting sin feb/march and they told me then that I would have the car by week 38... its now week 37 and havnt heard anything from them. I visit them like 3 week ago and i didnt even have a prod.date it just said " /0 "

Seriously what should I do. This have been the worse 7 months of wait in my life and now it feels like they´ve forgotten me.:(

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
oh dear not so good, well we wont forget about you and we feel your pain :(

i say camp on the doorstep until they remember or call audi customer services and explain the problem im sure they will help you

·
Registered
18 Posts
Oh boy!Thats certainly not good news since I ve been told 5-8 months
waiting for delivery. My dealer also told me that there is an extra 2 months
waiting after you know the production day..Exactly which model did you
order by the way?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They told 1 month wait after prod.date:O
Getting real tired of this bull...
im headin over there tomorrow and sort things out.
I ordered the 1.8t.
I dont know if im going to hate the car och love it when ( if ) it arrives.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thats unacceptable for a high-profile company such as Audi..
When my dealer told me I had to wait for all that long I wondered why..
And then he said that Audi began production of A5 1.8 two months after they
received their first order. So when they started the production they had to build
all the new orders PLUS the orders from two months before:(

·
Registered
15 Posts
i ordered mine may 2nd and just went to bug my dealer on saturday. it had been about a month since i had been there and the last time i was there he had my exact car (a5, s-line, everything except drive select and adaptive cruise control) but it was sold already. well anyway he said i had another month to wait but the car was built and was going to be loaded next monday. my point is that as bad as it feels to have to wait almost 6 months for a car, it feels 10 times better to know she's built and you're going to pick her up before you know it. stay strong or you might end up buying an a4 like my boss...great, but just not the same

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah Im staying strong. keep trying to think positive. but its hard.
I went to the dealer on monday this week. and it was this week i was guaranteed my car. but anyways. went there and they said " if everything works as supposed, ur car will be up on the band on week 40"
yeah right! how many times havnt I heard that before. first it was in late august, then week 39 , now 40.
next week it will be 41. I do not trust my dealer at all.

BUT if it happens that the car get prod.date week 40 . how long will it take before I have my car?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Samiboy,

Did you get a VIN # when you ordered your car?
Also, when you ordered your car, did you blindly pay a down payment, or were you told by your dealer how much the car would cost total?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi

I put down $500 back in August 2007 and signed a contract for 2% below MSRP. In July I finally got an allocation (first one for 6 spd at dealership this year.. and only one so far) Its on a ship and I expect delivery the last week of september and I have a VIN now that the car is built. Chances are the dealership doesn't have an allocation because It will not go into production until then.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I wrote a complaint to the dealer telling them how unacceptable this experience have been. But they said ( about 3-4 weeks ago ) that IF everything is in order the car will be with u on week 43-44 and they promised to keep intouch.

well that was the last thing i´ve heard of them. its lika 1 1/2 week left . shouldn´t they call me soon?

Getting really scared here. dunno if I can take it anymore. if the car isnt here by the end of week 44, then i´ve had it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I wrote the Exec. VP Audi for North American asking if I should just go and find another car. In about a week I got a really nice call expressing regret and all that soothing stuff. He (not the EVP) had already talked to my dealer and he (not the dealer) said that he would keep track and let me know when the build started and the car was shipped. Funny thing is I just never heard from him again.

Got my A5 S-line about 3 months later. So I'm not sure the letter and phone call did anything except a placebo effect - which, of course, wasn't as good as a real drug would have been.

Good luck.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Finally here

The car is at the dealer. I cant belive it.heading there tomorrow to look at it. Its funny. I do not feel happiness just wories that something will be missing on my new baby

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.