Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my car with the Voice Control System (AUD $1,000). Found out (in the manual that it can only do "Telephone speech control system" and not "Speech dialogue system". In the main brochure is is printed as "Voice control system for navigation system with DVD and MMI", voice control option for basic navigation,radio,CD,mobile phone and CD changer functions in conjuction with optional multifunction steering wheel. In the option price list brochure it states as Voice control system (only in combination with Navigation system) I will get to the bottom of this. Just beware of these and I will keep you inform of the outcome.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just got back from Audi service centre yesterday and was told the module for Speech dialogue system was missed out in the production line! They can't tell me if that can be installed now. Anyone has any idea about this?

·
Registered
479 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Just got my car with the Voice Control System (AUD $1,000). Found out (in the manual that it can only do "Telephone speech control system" and not "Speech dialogue system". In the main brochure is is printed as "Voice control system for navigation system with DVD and MMI", voice control option for basic navigation,radio,CD,mobile phone and CD changer functions in conjuction with optional multifunction steering wheel. In the option price list brochure it states as Voice control system (only in combination with Navigation system) I will get to the bottom of this. Just beware of these and I will keep you inform of the outcome.
Not sure why - I have full Voice Control of the DAB Radio, CD, Nav, Telephone, Directory etc.... I think some guys from the US were discussion similar - mine is UK.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
The full speech dialogue system (not just the telephone speech control which is standard with any phone-prep level I believe) is a feature that requires the navi/full MMI setup, which you seem to have. Fortunately it is just a module that slides inside the MMI radio module on the left side of the trunk. I'm sure they can retrofit it if they missed it at the factory because it requires no wiring, just the installation and some recoding by the dealer...

Kufatec.de even sells a retrofit kit:

http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_...ystem--SDS----Sprachbedienung-Audi-A5-B8.html

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank Ioc! I will inform my dealer tomorrow. It is such a hassle! At least now I know it can be done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts