Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As promised in my previous post about my suspension, here's a review on the Vogtland lowering kit. It seems that there aren't many fellow owners that have Vogtland suspension so I thought I'd take the leap and find out, safe to say it was a good choice. Vogtland is quite popular with VW owners from what I've seen and heard.

A few months ago, while the car was getting serviced the mechanic pointed out that my left rear shock was leaking and advised to have it changed otherwise I'd fail my WOF (MOT for you guys based in the UK) which I did. Which I didn't until 3-4 weeks ago, I'd be lucky to get time off work to take the car in to get anything done. I ordered the kit directly from Vogtland while they had a sale for approx 900NZD shipped. To my surprise it arrived within 3 days and was cleared from customs after paying duty.

Installation time was around 2.5 hours from a well known shop here. Took it the next day to get my WOF done and passed. No pictures of the suspension but head to the Vogtland website to have a look.

The car has been lowered 20mm front and 30mm in the rear. The best part is that there is no/very little compromise in terms of daily drivability, it will go over MOST speed bumps and driveways without scraping or having to drive over like you would a slammed car, however it's best to exercise caution. Ride comfort and quality is largely unaffected however the new setup is slightly stiffer than stock. So there you have it, my review of the Vogtland lowering kit for the Audi A5. As this is my first review I might have missed out certain items, feel free to ask below or PM me.

Cheers

·
Registered
104 Posts
I also have Vogtland Coilovers,but i have a knock knock noise on all four wheels since i installed it.:(
I checked all suspension parts,but they are all good.So i live with it.The comfort is much better than my Airride i had before.

regards

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also have Vogtland Coilovers,but i have a knock knock noise on all four wheels since i installed it.:(
I checked all suspension parts,but they are all good.So i live with it.The comfort is much better than my Airride i had before.

regards
Does the knocking noise occur when the wheels are turned at full lock or at any other time? Or do you suspect that it's something to do with the coilovers?

I considered coilovers but they need to be certified upon installation which in certain cases will cost quite a significant amount depending on the car and figured there's not much point in me having them over normal shocks and springs. Also surprising that its more comfortable than your airride.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi @mark7100 , do you have any pictures of your A5 on the Vogtland Lowering springs? In considering the Vogtland 950028 kit for my 2012 2.0Tfsi Quattro Coupe. Would be interested to see how it looks fitted to a car before i go ahead and purchase the kit. My plan is to run those lowering springs with 20" RS5 Rotors (specs are 20" , 9J and Offset 26) - Hoping with a 265/30r20 or 275/30 tyre, that this setup would look good!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@harjsingh definitely try get a set if you can get your hands on one. The car sits a lot better than stock especially now that its a** doesn't stick up in the air, though I think it could go a little lower. I'm currently running Rotiform RSEs 20x10, ET35 mounted on 275/30R20. No issues with rubbing or scraping.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts